Sign in to follow this  
13ifs40

activesky install

Outside shot,

P3d sometimes installs not in Prepar3d but in Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5.

Try seeing if you have that and point to it.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Good Morning

what i did was to purchase a new version i just need to know how to install it

prepar3d is in my d drive under

D:\ Prepar 3D V5

4 minutes ago, 13ifs40 said:

Good Morning

Obvious error there: must be Prepar3d v5. No space between Prepar and 3D.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

23 minutes ago, 13ifs40 said:

Good Morning

Why are you purchasing something you already own? Or do you mean you’ve downloaded the latest version of Active Sky from Hi-Fi Simulations?

Please be explicit about what your doing. And a word of advice. Putting spaces in a folder name is not recommended. I suspect that space after \ and before P is causing your problem.

A suggestion. Uninstall your current version of P3Dv5 (leaving your licence active) and install to D:\P3Dv5.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

sorry    i am right in the middle of shoveling over 2 feet of snow here in Boston

ok so    here is the path i show before the download starts

D:\Prepar3D v5\ASP3D

i purchased the new version mostly out of frustration with the old one

@13ifs40, good luck with the snow removal.

There is no requirement for Active Sky to be installed inside P3D. I installed it to a totally separate drive. But you will need to point it to the location of your P3D installation during the installation.

When downloading the file it’s best if you point to your Downloads folder. Don’t download directly into P3D. Then after it’s downloaded extract the contents and then run setup.exe with Administrator privileges.

You've shown a different path to P3Dv5 in your latest post. Is that a new installation following my earlier advice?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, 13ifs40 said:

ok so just to be sure

when it says select file,   what do i select?

I’m trying my best to help you but posts like that make it extremely difficult. What exactly are you trying to do? Be specific, please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

sorry   my mistake

when i start the installation process  it says "Where should file be instalalled"

31 minutes ago, 13ifs40 said:

sorry   my mistake

when i start the installation process  it says "Where should file be instalalled"

What installation process? What are you trying to do?

Some questions...

1) Have you uninstalled P3Dv5 and reinstalled to the location I suggested? D:\P3Dv5. That's the important bit because unless that path is valid it's not worth doing anything else. Don't include any spaces in the path name.

2) What version of Active Sky have you purchased? I want the name of the product, not a version number.

Unless you help me to help you we're wasting our time.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

sorry  just got back in the house

i have not unstalled yet because i am not too comfortable doing it          after the next round of shoveling i will give it a shot

to make sure         to uninstall i need to do the following 

go to windows settings, then apps (windows 10) uninstall client 1st, when asked do you want to de-activate, say no, then you can un-install content and scenery, then uninstall the main p3d file.

is this correct?

5 minutes ago, 13ifs40 said:

is this correct?

Windows Control Panel - Programs is the place to uninstall. Yes, client first, then content and scenery. Finally, uninstall the remaining P3D entry. I forget its name. No P3D entries should remain in the list.

Then extract the contents of P3Dv5.3HF2 you’ve downloaded. Run setup.exe and at the screen where it wants to install to C:\ProgramFiles\Lockheed Martin etc. click change and enter D:\P3Dv5.

No rush. Do your snow clearing first.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather