Sign in to follow this  
FS++

Multi Crew Experience V2.9.5.6 released

Captains.

Latest MCE version now available for download directly from this link

ChangeLog

- Can ask co-pilot to get you the latest Metar or TAF forecast for any airport, either by ICAO Id or by speaking the city name for most world capitals. Here are a few examples.

Get the latest weather for Kilo Julliett Foxtrot Kilo

grab the weather forecast for Miami

please get the latest Metar for Johannesburg

Special thanks to Andi V from Germany for making the suggestion for this new feature.

- Airplane warping via voice now extended to all supported flight sims (MSFS, Prepar3D and FSX) with the eception of FS9.

Move the aircraft to Echo Delta Delta mike runway zero eight left

Relocate aircraft to Atlanta

Move the simulator to Sydney

Obviously, don't want that to happen by accident. therefore a prompt for confirmation is there to ensure it doesn't.

Happy virtual flying to all

• Like 5

Is this feature a new addition for MSFS?

I ask because I recall using this feature way back in P3D....Even in FSX if I recall correctly. MCE always got the weather ahead?

MCE was always ahead of the game?

Cheers.

14 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Is this feature a new addition for MSFS?

I ask because I recall using this feature way back in P3D....Even in FSX if I recall correctly. MCE always got the weather ahead?

MCE was always ahead of the game?

Cheers.

It is.

Previously, you would get simulator data like wind, temperature etc..

Now, you can request the weather Metar and TAF (forecast) for any airfield, even if it's not your destination.

On 2/6/2022 at 3:12 PM, FS++ said:

It is.

Previously, you would get simulator data like wind, temperature etc..

Now, you can request the weather Metar and TAF (forecast) for any airfield, even if it's not your destination.

Thats cool Gerald thank you. I dont have Active Sky anymore on my P3d install, so I guess it would only read standard P3d weather?

In MSFS presumable it could read the MSFS live weather...havnt tried it yet, but its a nice feature. 😉

Cheers

Edited by charlie130
typo

15 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Thats cool Gerald thank you. I dont have Active Sky anymore on my P3d install, so I guess it would only read standard P3d weather?

In MSFS presumable it could read the MSFS live weather...havnt tried it yet, but its a nice feature. 😉

Cheers

Nothing to do with ActiveSky or P3D own weather.

This is to request the actual real time Metar or prediction for ANY airport, even if it's not your intended destination.

Previously, you could only ask "what about the weather" and Fo would gather whatever he can from the sim, either P3D weather or modified by ActiveSky.

Now you request a specific Metar with "get the latest Metar for Heathrow" and if it's foggy that day, you'll even get thigs like Runway Visual Range for specific runways.

If on a long range flight, you could query for the weather forecast for that airport and monitor how things evolve.

• Like 1

Hope at some point you can fix unwanted voice chatter. I only use the ATC bit of the program so I can speak to ATC in MSFS rather than have to use the built in ATC menu. With every other option turned off I still hear ramp coordinators, the occational womans voice in the cockpit (even with all copilot stuff etc turned off) I remember this beeing a problem also in P3D many years ago when using MCE.

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

Nothing to do with ActiveSky or P3D own weather.

This is to request the actual real time Metar or prediction for ANY airport, even if it's not your intended destination.

Previously, you could only ask "what about the weather" and Fo would gather whatever he can from the sim, either P3D weather or modified by ActiveSky.

Now you request a specific Metar with "get the latest Metar for Heathrow" and if it's foggy that day, you'll even get thigs like Runway Visual Range for specific runways.

If on a long range flight, you could query for the weather forecast for that airport and monitor how things evolve.

Oh! Thats brilliant! 😉

Now we can have total Metar real world accuracy curtosy of MCE (you guys are the leaders...where else is there a voice program with this feature? Eh?).....

I am just awaiting the PMDG 737 and (hopefully...Robert has sorted the Asobo SDK) we can do some real airliner flights, with full bells and whisles in MSFS. FMC fully working with accurate SID/STARS and no recursive approaches(you know the one go back to start and dont pass GO?)....He had better divorce himself from the MSFS FMC...LOL!

Meanwhile I continue on in my P3dv4.5!

Cheers chaps!

Get the following patch to bring MCE to V2.9.6.0 if you're using FlyByWire in MSFS or FsLabs A3XX in P3D.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE-Patch-MSFS.zip

If link doesn't work, copy the line above and paste it to your browser address field.

Edited by FS++

Hi, the option of getting wx at destination is awesome, but once every few P3Dv5 flights i have to reboot mce due to the read back getting stuck on never ending loop during the report (this time it was"...the dew point is not available"..).... must be something with the metar analysis sometimes perhaps?

7 hours ago, shaneb777 said:

Hi, the option of getting wx at destination is awesome, but once every few P3Dv5 flights i have to reboot mce due to the read back getting stuck on never ending loop during the report (this time it was"...the dew point is not available"..).... must be something with the metar analysis sometimes perhaps?

Thanks for feedback.

Indeed, anything can go wrong with such variable data.

Next time it happens, go to \My Documents\ folder and look for "latest_weather.txt"

It should have the last requested TAF or Metar, and is the text that is deciphered on the fly and spoken.

While the vast majority of symbols are accounted for, say "DZ" voice should say "drizzle", pretty sure there is the odd symbol not accounted for potentially causing issues at some point.

Send the file to support. Thanks

On 4/22/2022 at 12:15 AM, FS++ said:

Thanks for feedback.

Indeed, anything can go wrong with such variable data.

Next time it happens, go to \My Documents\ folder and look for "latest_weather.txt"

It should have the last requested TAF or Metar, and is the text that is deciphered on the fly and spoken.

While the vast majority of symbols are accounted for, say "DZ" voice should say "drizzle", pretty sure there is the odd symbol not accounted for potentially causing issues at some point.

Send the file to support. Thanks

Will do when it happens again, thanks for replying.

Hi, finally returned to flying in Australia and almost every flight mce has bugged out on this problem of endlessly repeating "...dewpoint not available degrees celcius", but going to the abv folder has only KCLE in "latest_weather.txt"  and this file is dated 26th Feb 2022, even though i have now flown mutiple flights both internationally and now in Oz?