Sign in to follow this  
RobPol471

After the last update (Australia) "Store" doesn't work.

22 hours ago, vbinnendijk said:

This sounds so 'not ok' . Paying twice for the same software to solve problems that occur beyond your own control.
I do own a lot off Marketplace add-ons. Is it only that I have to pay Steam for a new basic Flightsimulator?
In other words, add-ons purchased using the Marketplace can all be reinstalled with the Steam platform?

I'm afraid not.

What made the move easier for me was the fact that I have not bought 0ne addon for 2020. So I left nothing behind on their marketplace. I might buy a plane or 2 for this sim from developers only, but absolutely refuse to go the airport  addon route after FSX, P3D etc. The time I spent trying to get into Microsoft Store and reset and try this and that, just to get the sim to run was hours if not days sometimes, and after each update. The $95.00 I spent for Steam [on sale] seemed reasonable to me if you use the "time is money" equation.

Edited by skipph

After 4 days of waiting, 10 minutes ago I received an Email from the support MSFS2020 informing me that they had restored the MSFS 2020 Marketplace and I was finally able to download Australia but what puzzles me is that on the Email they wrote:

"In the future, if you click on purchase and nothing happens for a few minutes we recommend signing out, waiting 60 seconds or more then restarting the sim.
This should force the transaction to fail or succeed, and the Buy and Download button should become available again.
If it wasn't the case, you can always contact us. "

This means that this Marketplace issue can still happen and has not been permanently resolved.