Sign in to follow this  
bakerman

Checklist can not read commands with CL650

I'm in the process to make the Hotstart CL650  in Xplane somehow MCE usable. With Voxkey and Voxscript is much possible.
I know the Challenger has is own FO build in but with voice commands  it would be even better.
By the way, I had never in the last 25 Years so much fun with a Plane like with this one. A real masterpiece!

So my problem is now, the Checklist reading. Some words like "clock" "supplement" are not readable on my PC for MCE.
Is there some easy way to make them working in MultiCrew?

Bruno 

1 hour ago, bakerman said:

I'm in the process to make the Hotstart CL650  in Xplane somehow MCE usable. With Voxkey and Voxscript is much possible.
I know the Challenger has is own FO build in but with voice commands  it would be even better.
By the way, I had never in the last 25 Years so much fun with a Plane like with this one. A real masterpiece!

So my problem is now, the Checklist reading. Some words like "clock" "supplement" are not readable on my PC for MCE.
Is there some easy way to make them working in MultiCrew?

Yes, there are alternative words you could use.

Send your custom checklist to support and suggestions will be made.

Obviously, the easy option is to switch to TTS voices which can read anything, but you can go a long way with recorded audio as it is. Just a few words were overlooked.

Gerlad

ok great, I will send you my checklist as soon it's done, it takes a little moment......

Will also try out the TTS voices.

Bruno

Bruno 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:48 AM, bakerman said:

Gerlad

ok great, I will send you my checklist as soon it's done, it takes a little moment......

Will also try out the TTS voices.

Bruno

Was wondering how you got on with this. And would you mind sharing your voxkey/script files. I was about to create some myself but wondered if you had already done it.

You are right on the CL650, it is possibly the most detailed FS aircraft I've ever seen...

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi James unfortunately i'm stuck with it, real life work is not giving me much time for flight simming!

Bruno

Bruno 

ok - no problem.

I'm going to have a go at a few things myself, might end up writing a few custom commands for voxkey using lua

I'll let you know if/when I get somewhere..

James W

I do hope that you will succeed and that we soon shall have that extraordinary plane covered.....

Good success!

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

1 hour ago, Scorpio47 said:

I do hope that you will succeed and that we soon shall have that extraordinary plane covered.....

Good success!

I suggest you start a thread on their forum to see if there is interest.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'll doubt many would use MCE in the CL650 - it already comes with an automatic copilot out the box, and while MCE would be better, it's probably not worth the effort to fully interface it.

It would be quite easy to create some flows with MCE without custom coding - every button in the 650 has its own command so map them to a key and set up the commands via voxkey - you can then program full flows with voxscript.

As an aside - @FS++ is there any ability in xplane to trigger a dataref or command path in xplane using either voxscript/key? It would make the process of creating custom flows quite simple.

• Like 1

James W

6 hours ago, severniae said:

As an aside - @FS++ is there any ability in xplane to trigger a dataref or command path in xplane using either voxscript/key? It would make the process of creating custom flows quite simple.

Unfortunately not possible for the following reasons.

For stability and better performance of the simulator , MCE runs as an external process with the speech engine itself running inside "xpmce.exe" (in X-Pane case).

It has no direct access to datarefs and command refs.

It's the job of those dlls in \X-Plane 11\MCE dlls\ folder along with "xpInsider64.xpl" plugin that we run inside the sim, to give MCE general situational awareness, report switch status and set them on request via those dlls. That's why there is a separate dll for each supported complex plane.

Besides, having those ugly long dataref paths shown in MCE UI would make it intimidating to some who might start thinking MCE is for programmers, not to mention the inevitable need to make the UI much wider..

This is why we also declined suggestions to add "confitional flows", like if GPU is connnected do this otherwise do that.

We want to stick to plain English, even though many people don't even know it's possible to write custom commands in ANY language.

Sorry about that.

That's fine, I can create custom scripts and call them using a key press anyway, it just means one small extra step but no biggie.

• Like 1

James W