Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

I need tips on how to use LNM with a 2nd monitor?

I want to start by saying THANK YOU for making LNM compatible with MSFS 2020. LNM is Amazing! This is the must have flight planner for MSFS.

I have a question about using little nav map with a second monitor. Right now I have the 2nd monitor set as "extend" and have moved LNM window to the second monitor. Maybe I need to run as as duplicate?

When I'm running MSFS in my main monitor, I can easily see and identify all the default AI & AIG Traffic in the area by hovering the mouse.

However if I want to click on the map to get any kind of info the sound on my main monitor stops. I can then click on my main monitor and get the sound back. Is there a setting to avoid the sound from cutting off or a tip on how to prevent this from occurring?

If I want to check an approach procedure, I right click then click on procedure, the window sometimes opens on my main window. How can I prevent that window from opening in the wrong monitor?

Lastly, I can use the mouse scroll wheel to move horizontally in a the planner window, but after a few seconds it snaps back to the left. Can I prevent this minor issue?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

As far as the sound issue is concerned, this in an MSFS setting. Go to Options > General > Sound and make sure "Mute audio in background" is set to "Off".

I'm sure Alex will have more to say on the window placement questions, but is your Search window (which includes the Procedures tab) undocked?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

If I want to check an approach procedure, I right click then click on procedure, the window sometimes opens on my main window. How can I prevent that window from opening in the wrong monitor?

LNM is on other monitor but procedure windows opens on the monitor displaying MSFS

had this happen in other things in the past and I found that dragging the procedure windows to the LNM monitor, press the X ( top right) and close whilst it’s on the LNM monitor, then open it again in LNM should make the procedure window now open on the right monitor.

Edited by MaDDogz
  • Like 1

Luke Pype

Running as duplicate will no help.

You can keep the procedure window docked to the main window to keep it on the second (LNM) monitor. Normally all window positions are remembered by LNM. No matter which monitor.

Alex

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tymk said:

As far as the sound issue is concerned, this in an MSFS setting. Go to Options > General > Sound and make sure "Mute audio in background" is set to "Off".

Thank you. There's no way I would have thought it was a setting in MSFS.

7 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

LNM is on other monitor but procedure windows opens on the monitor displaying MSFS

had this happen in other things in the past and I found that dragging the procedure windows to the LNM monitor, press the X ( top right) and close whilst it’s on the LNM monitor, then open it again in LNM should make the procedure window now open on the right monitor.

Now I understand that the windows should stayed docked.

Thx

5 hours ago, albar965 said:

Running as duplicate will no help.

You can keep the procedure window docked to the main window to keep it on the second (LNM) monitor. Normally all window positions are remembered by LNM. No matter which monitor.

Alex

Thank Alex for an excellent flight planner.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.