Sign in to follow this  
tennana

How to configure the GTN in the C172 3D cockpit?

I believe Reality XP provided support given they state on their website "Reality XP provides free, person-to-person support for the current and previous version of its products."

I have a really simply problem I am sure they could answer in 10 second but cannot find a way to email them. 

Can someone please advise me

Many thanks

Hi tennana,

I suggest that you just simply go ahead and post your "simple problem" here in the RXP Support Forum. Just submit it in the appropriate category ("General", "X-Plane", "Flight Sim" or "Legacy). "Mr. Reality XP" (Jean-Luc) is good in keeping up with and responding to the posts. At times another flight simmer maybe able to help you resolve your problem or answer your question.

Hope this helps,

Raymie

Thanks 

I did try that already. I had spotted that someone had the same problem but then resolved it but there were no other details.

I have bought the GTN 650 for X-plane 11 but it opens separately to the standard installed GTN units rather than replacing them. This means it is not connected to the aircraft instruments etc

If you do not receive a helpful response soon, try sending Jean-Luc a "PM". Hope you get your problem resolved.

Raymie

8 hours ago, tennana said:

Thanks 

I did try that already. I had spotted that someone had the same problem but then resolved it but there were no other details.

I have bought the GTN 650 for X-plane 11 but it opens separately to the standard installed GTN units rather than replacing them. This means it is not connected to the aircraft instruments etc

I am another user, but not x-plane.  First question of course is have you opened and read the RXP GTN Users Manual?  It should be listed in your Windows Start menu under R and Reality XP.  For FSX and P3D there is a Configurator and instructions are in the manual.  I assume the same is true for xplane.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, tennana said:

have bought the GTN 650 for X-plane 11 but it opens separately to the standard installed GTN units rather than replacing them. This means it is not connected to the aircraft instruments etc

User. The GTN will not replace them in the VC unless the aircraft developer had made it so for the RXP. There are some panel mods here on the RXP forum for a few popular aircraft.

Thanks 

Hi

I did have the GTN650 in the standard C172 last year but when I upgraded windows I lost the package, so I had to buy it again recently. Last time the GTN did replace the installed instruments. (I am using the standard supplied C172). There was a prior question on exactly the same topic and it was resolved. I therefore assume this should replace the supplied GTNs (there's also a selection saying 'Master' which would seem redundant otherwise)

I have read the manuals and there's nothing there about setting up the GTN to either work or not work in replace of the supplied GTNs. I can't really see the point of having a GTN650 which doesn't connect to the instruments, as it make is impossible for me to replicate instrument approaches, which was why I bought the package. When I used it last year before the windows upgrade, it was a great system.

I do really appreciate people coming back to me as I feel a bit lost. And I assume this is actually a simple problem for someone who isn't an X-plane novice like me

Thank you very much.

That has helped.

Are there any courses/books where I can learn how to use Xplane properly?