Sign in to follow this  
RXP

PSA: OpenXR Toolkit B3 (1.0.1) is now live!

Anyone with a Reverb G2 got any good Saturation/Contrast/etc settings? I'm trying to remove the bleached out look, the default Sunglasses options are ok but I find the clouds are still lacking in depth. Unsure if the Toolkits options can fully eradicate it but after tweaking I'm no closer to finding a better visual experience (well I have found it better but not right where I want it), thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

@MarcG Unfortunately there is only so much you can do after-the-fact, that is once the FS2020 rendering has clipped the whites and has therefore eliminated any discernible details. The OXR-TK post-processing is helping a little bit because many headsets are even further clipping the whites below the maximum and in lowering the highlights you can make some of the details appearing again. A more robust solution would consist in using AI to reconstruct details, in a process similar to the latest SDR->HDR conversion techniques, but it is really out of scope of the OXR-TK project right now 🙂

I'll see what I can do though in a future update, I have many creative ideas I'd like to implement but not enough time to do it all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

What is the better (for performance?) this or OpenXR NIS upscaling?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/openxr-nis-upscaling-software-release-thread/482927

I use this NIS upscaling till now for MSFS.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, YoYo said:

What is the better (for performance?) this or OpenXR NIS upscaling?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/openxr-nis-upscaling-software-release-thread/482927

I use this NIS upscaling till now for MSFS.

It's the same tool but heavily updated, see the first post of the link you provided 🙂

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)