Sign in to follow this  
RXP

PSA: OpenXR Toolkit B3 (1.0.1) is now live!

Thanks...so if I just want to use OpenXR in MSFS but don't want to tinker with anything just stick to the download from the Windows store?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thanks...so if I just want to use OpenXR in MSFS but don't want to tinker with anything just stick to the download from the Windows store?

Yes I believe do 👍

• Like 2

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

On 4/15/2022 at 6:15 PM, regis9 said:

so if I just want to use OpenXR in MSFS but don't want to tinker with anything just stick to the download from the Windows store?

what good would that do, would OpenXR alone also double one's fps, without OpenXR toolkit?

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

23 hours ago, turbomax said:

what good would that do, would OpenXR alone also double one's fps, without OpenXR toolkit?

Yeah this kind of sums up my confusion around this.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

might want to check these out from "The virtual world" channel:

Microsoft Flight Simulator- Full VR PC Settings Video/Openxr Toolkit/RTX3080/HP Reverb G2

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/openxr-toolkit-upscaling

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 4/16/2022 at 2:15 AM, regis9 said:

basically yes. my suggestion is to use the MS Store to download both "openXR for WMR" and "OpenXR tools", as the latter will allow you to at least set a global VR render scale, plus turn the motion reprojection on and off - you may find you prefer it either on or off depending on location and aircraft you fly

You don't need "openxr Toolkit" installed which is the third app (and not available through MS Store) if you don't want to fiddle with other things. This app offers some additional FPS but at the cost of some clarity etc. I find it useful for it's "world Scale" adjustment, as I see the world about 17% too small in MSFS using the reverb g2. It's possible to only use the world scale option without affecting clarity if you wish.

1 hour ago, dogmanbird said:

basically yes. my suggestion is to use the MS Store to download both "openXR for WMR" and "OpenXR tools", as the latter will allow you to at least set a global VR render scale, plus turn the motion reprojection on and off - you may find you prefer it either on or off depending on location and aircraft you fly

You don't need "openxr Toolkit" installed which is the third app (and not available through MS Store) if you don't want to fiddle with other things. This app offers some additional FPS but at the cost of some clarity etc. I find it useful for it's "world Scale" adjustment, as I see the world about 17% too small in MSFS using the reverb g2. It's possible to only use the world scale option without affecting clarity if you wish.

The toolkit now offers Render Scaling in the options to override, so it's actually a lot more handy than the Windows App IMO.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I've not tried it yet, just saw it in the options last night.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Hi chaps,

I've been struggling to get the OpenXR toolkit to work.

Companion app says it's active.

In sim in VR mode, CTRL F2 doesn't bring up the menu.

Just upgraded to v1.1.0 tonight, still no luck.

Reinstalled, changed keyboard, still no menu access.

Any suggestions?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I remember reading some folk needing to disable layers in a particular config file, but this may not have applied to the last couple of releases.

Has it worked for you in a previous version?

17 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Hi chaps,

I've been struggling to get the OpenXR toolkit to work.

Companion app says it's active.

In sim in VR mode, CTRL F2 doesn't bring up the menu.

Just upgraded to v1.1.0 tonight, still no luck.

Reinstalled, changed keyboard, still no menu access.

Any suggestions?

Me two.  Managed to get the menus up but they only stay viable for a few seconds no time to change  anything so have not been able to use it.

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11