Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Heaney

Is this a football free forum...?

...or can I sayCOME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!Ian :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'd hoped it would remain a footy free forum, I hate the game.22 overinflated egos running after an overinflated piece of leather...

Actually, the ball is made of plastic.-

England does not play in the NFL...and the season is not even here yet.American Football - the ONLY true football(OK, just joking with you - meant to be taken lightly) :-)

>American Football - the ONLY true footballI never understood why you call it football, as the hands seem to be the primary means of handling the ball. -

I am fed up with hearing about the World Cup football on every single program in the UK atm.I am fed up with hearing whether (it seems the only player in the team) Wayne Rooney (Any relation to Mickey?) is going to be fit enough or not?All the 'so-called' sports reports are literally flooded with news and items on the World Cup!Nobody mentions the TT races held this week in the Isle of Man or how thoroughly exciting the last 'Moto GP' was from Italy last weekend?There's never any mention of anything else and while the BBC (Always claiming they are strapped for cash) pay for the accomodation in 'BAden Baden', a health and sporting expensive traing hotel, in Germany out of the licence budget, for a reporter who only knows anything about football!Put that together with the moronic antics of the fans with their painted faces and idiotic dress,

Of course the US does have a team in the World Cup - booking a flight home soon, naturally.. :(Ian

Not the last time I was forced to watch the game...

what makes you think that?Or do you think that football is the only sport in the world?

And it's not even a ball, it's more of an egg-shape :)

I'm going to turn the TV to Silverstone tomorrow to watch the Formula 1 Grand Prix.Could be that Schumi gets another washing behind the ears which is always good to watch.

"I don't recall any crowd problems occuring at any American Football matches, Motor and Motocycle race meetings, tennis, Rugby, golf............. should I go on?"80 arrested here...http://cbs.sportsline.com/aol/playoffs/news/61532531 killed in this one...http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/foot...erbowl.reax.ap/http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=241119008http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HooliganismWikipedia talks about hooliganism. They go thru hooliganism in several countries. The longest list of Hooliganism activities in sport for a nation comes under North America.Do a Google search on "nba riots" or "nfl riots" and see what you get.Now i'm sure if I search some of the other sports you mentioned, I could find many more examples of what you selectively chose not to recall.

Have a great Day/Night where ever you are! :-wave

http://www.3dflite.com/dac/img/BANNER-soccer.gif Student Pilot - YSBKC152/Tomahawk/Warrior/Archer/Duchess66.3 hrs Total

"22 overinflated egos running after an overinflated piece of leather"I don't think there are many athletes out there that don't have overinflated egos. Thats what makes them competative, and so great to watch."Or do you think that football is the only sport in the world?"Actually, living in Australia, we don't get to watch too much football, and I only really follow football when the world cup is on.So to answer your question...No. I don't think football is the only sport in the world.Being originally from Melbourne, I folllow Australian Football religiously! And no, not NRL, but AFL!

http://www.3dflite.com/dac/img/BANNER-soccer.gif Student Pilot - YSBKC152/Tomahawk/Warrior/Archer/Duchess66.3 hrs Total

Urghh Hate it, gimme F1 n NASCAR anytime :-hah. Oohh well to each their own, have fun with the whole world cup thingy if you like it :-wave

not as bad as in football, certainly in Europe.Even minor league players consider themselves to be divine beings here, worse even than movie stars and TV personalities.

Heheh :)I'll be the first to admit I'm not the world's greatest footie fan. I grew up in central London. If you walked 10 minutes in one direction from my family's house you would arrive at Stamford Bridge (Chelsea FC) and if you went 10 mins in the other direction you would find Craven Cottage (Fulham FC). I used to support Chelsea until the mid 90's when a certain Dutchman became player-manager and started packing the team out with foreign players. Ever since then Chelsea have had foreign managers and coaches, and the English contingent on the team has been a minority. I switched my allegience to Fulham, who at the time were a minor team in the lower leagues. Around this time a certain publicity hungry Arab businessman who owns a rather well known shop in Knightsbridge bought Fulham FC and they began packing their team out with foreign players. At that point I gave up with supporting either team.To be fair though, the World Cup only lasts a few weeks every four years. It truly is one of the world's great sporting spectacles - seeing an unkown African player run rings around the European megastars, or seeing how many dives the Latin American teams can take in 90 minutes :) It's also great fun to get together with your mates and support your country, having a few beers and maybe a BBQ in the summer sunshine (as we did yesterday) :)

Exactly Elche. I fear Dave is a bit out of touch with reality down there on the English Riviera.English football is now a sport enjoyed safely by tens of thousands of families every weekend. The bad old days are long gone. And talking of noisy, moronic fans, have you been to a test match recently ??? }( Just for you Dave, England beat Paraguay 1 - 0. Not a very good game, but the right result. And you'll be relieved to know the English fans did not put Frankfurt to the torch!Enjoy the rest of the World Cup. It's going to be great. :) Ian

>English football is now a sport enjoyed safely by tens of>thousands of families every weekend. The bad old days are long>gone. And talking of noisy, moronic fans, have you been to a>test match recently ??? }( >That's probably because they now teach hooliganism from an early age so everyone can get in a good swing and throw a well aimed brick ;)

>Could be that Schumi gets another washing behind the ears>which is always good to watch.Why do you say that?He has won more races than anyone else, surely a quality to be admired?

>Now i'm sure if I search some of the other sports you>mentioned, I could find many more examples of what you>selectively chose not to recall.>>

>Have a great Day/Night where ever you are! :-wave >

>[/font] >>

>

http://www.3dflite.com/dac/img/BANNER-soccer.gif >>>Student Pilot - YSBK>C152/Tomahawk/Warrior/Archer/Duchess>66.3 hrs Total>> >

Go ahead, be my guest? Maybe I don't know about American football but I guaruntee you won't see any problems of the like, in motor/m/cycle races or the others I mentioned. Enough said?

To be fair though, the World Cup only lasts a few weeks every four years. It truly is one of the world's great sporting spectacles - seeing an unkown African player run rings around the European megastars, or seeing how many dives the Latin American teams can take in 90 minutes It's also great fun to get together with your mates and support your country, having a few beers and maybe a BBQ in the summer sunshine (as we did yesterday) Couldn't agree more. But to be fair to the South Americans (Argentina in particular) they only dived 98 times instead of the usual 100 last night :DIt was really worth the 4 years I've waited to see them play. It was well worth the wait!And for the F1 fans...Go Alonsso!!Can't wait for it to come back to Albert Park - Melbourne!!