Sign in to follow this  
mokeiko

How to remove P3dv4 Completely

Hi all,

How do I remove P3dv4 completely? I used the control panel to uninstall the four main P3dv4 files including the license. I am using P3dv5.3 HF2 now.

For example, I installed the PMDG 737NGXu in P3dv5 folder, not a problem. My issue is when I install another aircraft like the PMDG 777. The installer gave me the option to install in p3dv4 or P3dv5, I choose P3dv5. After a restart I see that I now have a P3dv4 folder and a P3dv5 folder and guess what's in the P3dv4 folder, a PMDG subfolder and within that folder is the 777x gauges folder and other 777x folders. Now my main P3dv5 folder has a PMDG folder with some of the 777x folders as well.

I want to get rid of everything that has to do with P3dv4 short of reinstalling the operating system. Thanks for any help.

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Hi Mokeiko,

--When you do a complete uninstall of P3D ver. xx that install process will not uninstall any of your addons such as aircraft, gauges etc. You will have to uninstall that yourself if you have not already done so.

--You also may need to go to Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming and delete what may still be in the Lockheed Martin folder if you have not already done so. I did a complete uninstall of P3D ver. 3 when I updated to version 5.1 a year ago. There was still the P3D ver. 3 folder in that previously mentioned Lockheed Martin Folder. I had to delete it as well.

--You may also have to go to your registry and and make sure there is nothing there regarding your previous P3D 4.xx installation.

--You may need to look in the Program Data (C drive on my computer) file as there is a Lockheed Martin folder there as well, if you have not already done so.

I hop that some else can give you some helpful tips that I have not mentioned.

Raymie

• Like 1

Thank you Raymie, I'll give these suggestions a shot.

fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Hi,

These are the remaining P3D folders thta you may want to consider deleting courtesy of the LM forum:

Local Disk (C:) ► Program Files ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4  (or the modified install location)

Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

For a while I had problems with software like Navigraph simlink still thinking I had v4 installed and creating folders for it, I found that in my registry there was still an entry under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4' labelled 'installed' with the value set to 1. For some reason a complete uninstall of v4 hadn't removed this entry.

If there is one on your machine (or anything else with an install path etc.), delete it, and then hopefully other P3D related software should stop detecting a v4 install and creating folders for it.

Edited by SimeonWilbury
  • Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

That`s why I un-installed v4, when i install something that support versions of the sim i only get one option now as more than one version will fill your C drive with two entry`s.

PS I still have V4 versions on my backup drive and all V5 versions and addon scenery.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The reason why I reverted back to P3dv4 is because I was having issues with an aircraft which didn't solve anything and it actually gave me more grief. So I went back to P3dv5.

I actually uninstalled P3dv4, got rid of all the items suggested above, rebooted, then installed P3dv5. I never had two versions of P3d installed at any time. But I still had issues with remnants of P3dv4 lingering in my PC. Even when trying to install Aerosoft's A330, instead of installing in the ecosysystem folder, it installed in the main P3dv5 folder and sode was installed in the P3dv4 folder. I just noticed weird placement of folders and files, which I knew, didn't belong.

It may be easier to just do the whole operating system and P3d reinstall, its been more than a year and it probably needs some house cleaning anyway, lol.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas

5 minutes ago, mokeiko said:

The reason why I reverted back to P3dv4 is because I was having issues with an aircraft which didn't solve anything and it actually gave me more grief. So I went back to P3dv5.

I actually uninstalled P3dv4, got rid of all the items suggested above, rebooted, then installed P3dv5. I never had two versions of P3d installed at any time. But I still had issues with remnants of P3dv4 lingering in my PC. Even when trying to install Aerosoft's A330, instead of installing in the ecosysystem folder, it installed in the main P3dv5 folder and sode was installed in the P3dv4 folder. I just noticed weird placement of folders and files, which I knew, didn't belong.

It may be easier to just do the whole operating system and P3d reinstall, its been more than a year and it probably needs some house cleaning anyway, lol.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

fly safe

That`s a bit drastic have tied using the windows search function, and do have show hidden files and folders enabled you may not see what your looking for otherwise.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg