Sign in to follow this  
B747-400

RAAS, MSFS and PSX

Hi,
I'm highly interested in using RAAS in my full-size simulator. So, here are my two questions:

I’m using MSFS as visual only in my sim. Main sim and flight model is PSX from Aerowinx. PSX is connected to MSFS using WidePSX.
I'm curious about following:

1) is RAAS working properly, when MSFS is used as scenery generator only, and position / bank etc. are injected from WidePSX?
2) will RAAS will be started automatically, as soon as MSFS is started? As I do have an unattended startup of my MSFS visual, it needs to be up and running as soon as MSFS is loaded.

Anyone out there who has experience with such a setup?

Thanks, best regards and enjoy your weekend
Hans

RAAS uses SimConnect to communicate with the sim....I think in FSX/P3D days SimConnect was able to communicate via network to the PC where the sim was installed, thus making it possible, you had to configure your FSX/P3D the SimConnect server side to listen for the specified port number, then on the client machine setup a SimConnect.cfg with the config need for any SimConnect client to connect via network. I'm not sure if MSFS' Simconnect can do that, if that does, then there is a posibility to make that happen.

Also, RAAS runs on the background, so it's window doesn't needs to be present. If you want it to launch automatically at MSFS startup, you can do it, it supports it. To allow it to run at MSFS startup, obviously, needs to be on the same machine as MSFS hehe 🙂

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answers! WidePSX is using SimConnect as well.

It's a pity, that there is no try before buy to find out before purchasing, and then recognizing that it won’t work properly.

Cheers

Hans