Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

Tobii Software Cannot Find Flightsimulator.exe

I have the Tobii Eye Tracker successfully working with DCS World and P3D, however, when I attempt to use the Tobii software to find the Flightsimulator.exe, if fails?

It appears that Windows 10 is blocking this app, as when I enter the actual path thru all the folders to Flightsimulator.exe, it gets blocked.

Any idea on how to overcome this obstacle?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

You will need to give it permissions.. Privacy and security > Windows Security> Firewall and Network Security> Allow an app through Windows Firewall.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Thanks Car147,

I set up Tobii Game Hub .exe for both Inbound and Outbound Firewall entries and I still can not access Flightsimulator.exe.

The message I get is:

Flighsimulator.exe 

The file cannot be accessed by the system

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Tobii game hub is not required for MSFS. 
if Tobii is up and running successfully, you should see a new Tobii tab under controllers. 

If not, report back here and we’ll help. Also the following thread is a great resource:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/making-tobii-eye-tracker-work-with-su8/472111

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Donka,

I just discovered that a few minutes ago...........Tobii is built into Sim Update 8.

This device works very well with MSFS, "Out of the Box" with no changes.

Thanks for your response.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Great to hear you have it working now Bill. Tobii is a great option for MSFS.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:05 AM, Donka said:

Great to hear you have it working now Bill. Tobii is a great option for MSFS.

Hi

I bought the tobii about a week ago, unfortunately I am not having a good experience with it.

I am getting micro stutters -the screen does not remain stationary when I keep my  head and eyes static-the screen keeps shaking.

I have tried adjusting the settings.

can you suggest which settings to adjust to stop the stutters-I cannot find a manual on tobii.

many thanks.

Qas

1 hour ago, rwy12 said:

Hi

I bought the tobii about a week ago, unfortunately I am not having a good experience with it.

I am getting micro stutters -the screen does not remain stationary when I keep my  head and eyes static-the screen keeps shaking.

I have tried adjusting the settings.

can you suggest which settings to adjust to stop the stutters-I cannot find a manual on tobii.

many thanks.

Qas

Here’s a post by Jonas from Tobii, gives some explanation of the settings and some suggested values:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/settings-setup-guide-for-the-tobii-eye-tracker-5/502973

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The micro stutters appear to be as a consequence of eye tracking competing with head tracking. For this, I recommend favouring head tracking as per the 'Eye vs Head Tracking Ratio' setting. The other setting that has a big impact on this is the centre deadline - this is the 'Center Stabilization' setting. These two will have a big impact on how what you are observing.