Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

Lights Too Powerful

Hello everyone, on the Lear 35 the taxi lights, but especially the landing lights seem way too bright. They light up the runway on broad daylight to the point where the runway is white, and in the night they shine on buildings that are on the other end of the airport. Apart from being visually incorrect, this also means that my system (a 5900X) starts to struggle as soon as they are on.

Does someone have a remedy for this? Is there something I can modify in the .fx files to tone down the power of the lights effects?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Just as a check, note that the latest Lear version is 4.3c.

Al

Yes, it's the version I have. Plus a lights package, it says here in my maintenance log. Could that be the reason?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

Yes, it's the version I have. Plus a lights package, it says here in my maintenance log. Could that be the reason?

Don't know, sorry.

No problem. I'm guessing the lights package I installed either a) isn't for V5.2, or b) the files for V4 are being loaded from my old V4 installation. Let's see if I can find out!

Best regards, Dimitrios