Sign in to follow this  
drmerlin

Cannot launch products from the MSFS toolbar

Having worked through the troubleshooting guide, I cannot launch any FS2CREW applications (I have the A320NX, Pushback Express and RAAS packs for MSFS) from the toolbar. I get a message informing me that the applications cannot be launched and that the EXE.xml file may be corrupt. 

So far I have deleted the EXE.xml file, uninstalled everything and tried reinstalling (obviously with MSFS closed).

I have checked the Firewall settings for FS2CREW.

I have made sure that HTML option is ticked

I have made sure that I have run MSFS as administrator

I can run the software from the shortcut icons on the desktop. These show a BLUE nose icon in the taskbar (not a Red one as suggested by the troublshotting guide... I assume that this guide needs updating).

Running the software this way does allow me to bring up a limited tab on the MSFS FS2CREW toolbar option but I cannot access any windowed option in VR (I ONLY fly in VR) such as the settings menu.

I would be most grateful if someone here could clarify what funbctionality is available in VR and what I am doing wrong.... I have spent days trying to get this all working properly.

The command center is a red icon... not a blue one.  It should appear about half way through the msfs load cycle.

I think there is an issue with your exe.xml, since it manages which programs autostart.

Can you pls post the contents of your exe.xml here.

You can open it with notepad.

1 hour ago, byork said:

The command center is a red icon... not a blue one.  It should appear about half way through the msfs load cycle.

I think there is an issue with your exe.xml, since it manages which programs autostart.

Can you pls post the contents of your exe.xml here.

You can open it with notepad.

These are the contents of EXE.xml:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
    <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
    <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
</SimBase.Document>

It would seem that EXE.xml is not picking up the installation of ANY of my FS2Crew packages. I have tried deleting this file, uninstalling everything and starting again. It does not make a difference. What might I be doing wrong?

To run in VR mode, FS2Crew Command Center entry must be in your exe.xml as shown below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
    <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
    <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FS2Crew Command Center</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center\FS2CrewCommandCenter.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine></CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Look at the "FS2Crew Command Center" entry, that entry must have been installed by the setups. The problem seems like it didn't or it modified the EXE.XML in the wrong place. The FS2Crew command center must have been installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center\

You must verify that folder exists, and that inside it is the "FS2CrewCommandCenter.exe" in it.

Once your EXE.XML have that, and you restart MSFS, you will see a red FS2Crew icon running in your Windows taskbar, which means it's running in the background. This is important because this application is the one that launches the others: RAAS, PBE, FBW, etc, if it's not running then you will see the warning you get when you try to launch it from inside the simulation.

Can show the location or directory where your EXE.XML is located?

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Yes.... right click on the EXE file located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center\exe_xml_autostart

FS2CrewCommandCenterAutoStartXML.exe

Run it with Admin rights.

See if it updates your EXE.xml with the Command Center entry.

I was just wondering what's the point of having all the FS2Crew applications listed in the MSFS command center, even those not even available in MSFS? It's very odd to me and it's not a very good user experience.

9 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I was just wondering what's the point of having all the FS2Crew applications listed in the MSFS command center, even those not even available in MSFS? It's very odd to me and it's not a very good user experience.

They're placeholders.