Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

MSFS Marketplace Spring sale

Lots of items, 500+ it says, don't usually buy there but tempted by the Bleriot...

Edited by keithb77
  • Like 2

I picked up the JF Turbo Arrow for a good price. My first time buying anything direct from the marketplace, but it was too good of a deal.

- Aaron

Guys what scenery should I pick up? 

Primarily flying in Europe/UK major airports. 

23 hours ago, Rusty said:

Anyone?! Good Europe sceneries?

Rusty I have the same problem as you, there are just too many. But what I do is filter them, starting with (1) above 4-star rating, (2) what's on sale and (3) lowest to highest price. Then I just look for something interesting, which offers the best bang-for-the-buck. I'm not from Europe, so have no particular preference for any country. But I only fly small planes, hence prefer smaller airfields with character.

I bought Alpe d'Huez (LFHU) for example, simply because of a past interest in cycling, it looked unique and challenging and is dirt cheap.

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Thanks @rooitou

Great tip! I did just that, now I am running into an issue on the MSFS store saying "purchase cancelled, or already in progress." Have you run into this before?

8 hours ago, Rusty said:

Thanks @rooitou

Great tip! I did just that, now I am running into an issue on the MSFS store saying "purchase cancelled, or already in progress." Have you run into this before?

No never. I'm assuming it takes you to a pop-up window asking you for a pin or a password and then a green prompt to say "yes"? This process takes a few seconds and is not instantaneous, but I'm based on the other side of the world, so a slight delay is normal for me.

Make sure you don't have something downloading in the background, using up all your bandwidth. I use a little utility called Networx, which shows the network activity. Get the free version 5.5.5, otherwise you'll only get 30 days trial.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

If you have Steam MSFS then buying from the marketplace is tricky...seems to be not working and then it does.
TBH although I started this thread I only buy from the marketplace as a last resort...

I recently learned that when on Steam the Steam overlay has to be turned on to work.

- Aaron

Simmarket have a lot of scenery on sale too, though they now have their dodgy app you have to install through 😞

• Like 1