Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

VR view control for P3D 5.3

To adjust seat height and side to side etc, thanks

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

What I do is lean the way I want to adjust the view and press the key for re-centering the VR position. If I want to sit a little more forward in the cockpit, I lean a little backward and press the button to re-center and then sit normally again. I never bothered to see if there are adjustments for that in P3D. As for height, I usually do the same or adjust the height of my office chair that I sit on as I would adjust the seat in a real cockpit.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

re-centering the VR position

What key is that please?>

spacer.png

This is just off the top of my head since I’m not in front of my computer at the moment, so forgive me if it’s not 100% accurate, but should point you in the right direction: 

Shift+backspace = head eye point up

ctrl+backspace= eye point forward 

Ctrl+shift+backspace = left 

ctrl+enter=right 

shift+enter= eye point down 

ctrl+space bar = return to default eye point 

something like that, but those are the key combos. 

cheers,

Terry 

• Like 1

Anyone know where the keys are listed please?

spacer.png

Are we talking p3d here? If so, I don't think the recenter VR is mapped by default. It's done from the VR drop down menu, but you can map it to any key you like. I think it's "HMD - reset position" or something like that. Just search in Controls in P3D and map to whatever you want.

As for the view itself, I have chaseplane installed so I no longer use the default P3D position controls. If you have chase plane just set all the paramters for the captain's seat in the camera control section to 0 and you're done. Then you can move the viewpoint if you like. I move my view slightly forward but nothing esle.

Edited by andreh
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Boomer said:

What key is that please?>

What @andreh said.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD