Sign in to follow this  
thomasl123

Some issues since last update

Dear Bryan,

..how should i start. Ok, i try from the beginning.

Starting from the last week i had troubles of the autostart with the Command Center and FSUIPC.

After the last update FBW Project, i realised that, when i start FSMS2020, none of my Addons, seen above, won't start with the sim.

I thought, that i made some kills in the community folder, so i delted all in there to see if it is still happening.

No change. command center and fsuipc doesn't start. I checked my EXE.xml, no fault in there. I deleted the .xml file so that

MSFS2020 is making a new one. No change.FSUIPC and command center, no autostart.

Then i deinstalled all FS2Crew Addons, Productmanager, RAAS, PBE and FS2Crew FBW and all the folders.

Sorry i did'nt say, i use the FBW Experimental.

Ok, community folder empty, no FS2Crew product installed, i even killed all lines in the regestry.

Started MSFS2020, FSUIPC is starting with the sim. That worked, but i still was not shure why.

So, i installed all my FS2Crew products again. Rebooted my PC. Boing, no autostart again. No Command center,

no FSUIPC. Then i said to myself, i will do a complete new install of the MSFS2020. Cause i was not shure if i have made a

killer by myself in the sim.

After the new installation, MSFS2020 still a virgin, nothing in the community folder, no addons.

I started then to install FSUIPC. Started MSFS, all fine, FSUIPC started too automaticly.

Second step, i inastalled the lates product manager, i think it is 1.0.7. By the way. I have swtiched

off the autostart of the Product manager, but it still starts with windows (Win10) every time i start my PC.

Anyway. I installed all my FS2Crew products, and what should i tell you. Starting the sim with admin rights, none of my

addons are working. No FSUIPC nore FS2Crew. I close the sim, start a second time, now, holeredulie, FSUIPC and

Command center are staring. I really have no idea. I checked the forum from FSUIPC here:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91091-fsuipc7-doesnt-start-with-msfs2020/

It looks i am not the onlyone. I have no clue what is going on at the moment.

Tell me which logfiles you need and i will send you. But at the moment i am helpless.

Thank you for your time.

Thomas

Edited by thomasl123

Please do this as  test:

1. Backup your EXE.xml

2. Delete your EXE.xml.

3. Re-install FS2Crew (just one of them).  The FS2Crew installer should create a perfectly fresh new EXE.xml that auto loads the FS2Crew Command Center.

See what happens then.

Unless there's something really off on your system, it should work.

The EXE.xml is essentially the same thing as the DLL.xml from the FSX./P3D days.  It's a very, very sensitive file.  Any corruption on it like an invalid character, and the whole thing goes south.

Problem is we now have a whole bunch of 3rd party devs writing to the same EXE.xml.

I actually asked Asobo if maybe they'd consider using a new method to allow us to auto start our programs without using the EXE.xml, and the response didn't seem to positive that it would happen.

We're probably just going to drop the EXE.xml system and basically just have the FS2Crew Command Center start when Windows loads to avoid these potential headaches.

Bryan

I've got these same issues just lately.  I've followed the instructions above.  When I reinstall PBE i do get a new exe.xml load but is not a fresh file it's dated 18/9/21.  Is this correct?  Command Centre still won't load.

Does your software automatically point to the Community Folder or do users need now to connect the two.  I've used PBE and A32NX since the start and never had these problems before.

Thanks

Rob

Glad you sorted it.

FYi, everything should be automatic.  Users don't need to manually point to anything.

Installation should be hands free (assuming there's nothing really funky going on with your MSFS install).

Cheers,

Bryan

I've got the problem again since this weekend's updates.  I've done the usual - delete the exe.xml, reinstall PBE, right click the new exe.xml to run as Admin, rebooted the PC.  Still will not load the Command Centre.

Here is my exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FS2Crew Command Center</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center\FS2CrewCommandCenter.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine></CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FS2Crew Pushback Express MSFS</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Pushback Express MSFS\Pushback Express_x64.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine></CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Name>FSUIPC7</Name><Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path><CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine><NewConsole>False</NewConsole></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Any ideas plaese?

Cheers

Rob

Are you sure you deleted the EXE.xml?... because you still have FSUIPC on your exe.xml.

If you deleted the exe.xml and and re-installed the program, FSUIPC wouldn't be on your EXE.xml.

All you should have is FS2Crew Command Center on your EXE.xml.

FYI, this weekend, it looks like we'll be releasing an update so the Command Center can start without the EXE.xml.

We're tired of dealing with EXE.xml issues, so we're circumventing it.