Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

App can't open message

Greetings,

Having my first major problem running MSFS.  Haven't had time to use it for a while.  I might be two updates behind.  I wanted to fly t tonight and went to start the program as usual.  I tried to run the program but got an app can't open message. It states Microsoft Flight Simulator can't open because it is offline.  The storage device might be missing or disconnected. See in store.  When I go to the store, I see the app and see There has been an error message.  When I click on see details, I get a box telling me that something unexpected happened with an error code of 0x8007001F.

I have been searching for a solution but so far have not found anything that would help me resolve this issue.  Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to fix this problem.

Thank you,

cbreze

Plese disregard this post.  After I submitted this post, I went to youtube to continue my search for a solution, I ran across a video that pointed me in the right direction.  The problem was with the Xbox app.  Checking further on the app I saw that an update was paused and not completely installed.  I continued with the update and the program now works as it should.  I completely forgot about the Xbox app.

Thanks anyway.

I was asking you about having signed into Xbox when I noticed you had answered. Ha! you should have allowed me another 15 seconds. Glad you got it sussed.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

jimcarrel,

Thanks for trying to help me out.  I completely forgot about the Xbox app.  I use the PC version.  Have a great evening.

LOL

Windows lingo -- nothing beats it when it comes to being unintuitive !!!!

"Xbox App needs to be updated prior to launching msfs 2020" would have done the trick nicely. 

Glad you got it fixed - fly high, fly far 😛

Cheers,

2Low2Slow