Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Performance completely drops after about 3 hours of flight

32 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I think we need to add more information like day or night flight (might be lighting related), weather conditions, and any notable add-ons in on order for us to be able to correlate the good flights vs the bad ones. 

Exactly this. Anyone reporting this issue to Asobo needs to include absolutely every bit of detail about the flight conditions, mods, and their hardware -- even if it seems irrelevant to the person experience the issue.

As yet, Asobo and volunteer testers can't reproduce the issue, but the more information they have, they might eventually be able to. Only when they can reproduce it, and consistently, can they pinpoint any potential bug.

• Like 1

I just had this happen in an unusual way. I was trying to squeeze in a quick flight before work this morning, so I found a 1hr 22 minute airtime flight from Chicago to Baltimore. This length of flight usually does not cause a problem for me. It started in Chicago at 0545L with a heavy overcast and light rain. As I departed, there was a bright orange sunrise. It was beautiful to tell you the truth. All went well until about 10 minutes before TOD when all heck broke loose. At work. I had to pause the sim for a about an hour and a half. I resumed my flight and it seemed to be okay until I landed. The rollout, taxi to the gate, and the rest was a stutterfest.

Maybe it has nothing at all to do with the actual flight, or it's parameters? Maybe it's just the passing of time. I wonder if advancing the time in the sim mid flight would induce this? I might try that later. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 4/21/2022 at 5:34 AM, Victoroos said:

Any tips?

Vic

I've found this happens when Terrain LOD is higher than can be handled at the end of the flight, pretty much regardless of flight duration.  It is very easy to be fooled into thinking your hardare can handle this because it was doing fine during departure.  My conclusion is some 'debt' is accrued during flight which de facto makes the arrival approach and landing harder to manage even when it's not more complex than the departure airport.  I've done many long flights now (3-6h anyway) and provided I have Terrain LOD dialed back sufficiently all is well upon arrival.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 4/22/2022 at 7:30 PM, Noel said:

I've found this happens when Terrain LOD is higher than can be handled at the end of the flight, pretty much regardless of flight duration.  It is very easy to be fooled into thinking your hardare can handle this because it was doing fine during departure.  My conclusion is some 'debt' is accrued during flight which de facto makes the arrival approach and landing harder to manage even when it's not more complex than the departure airport.  I've done many long flights now (3-6h anyway) and provided I have Terrain LOD dialed back sufficiently all is well upon arrival.

hmmm, well. I have a 9700 K at 5 ghz and a 3080 all with 32 GB ram.. I have it at the normal 100. Is that too high you think? 😕

Victor Roos

37 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

hmmm, well. I have a 9700 K at 5 ghz and a 3080 all with 32 GB ram.. I have it at the normal 100. Is that too high you think? 😕

If you're using Vsync to a frame rate of 30 T-LOD at 100 from the start of a flight you should be in good shape for any departure and arrival airport.  If you're in a very low demand scenario you can do much more than 100, as in 200-400 again depending on demand at especially your arrival airport.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I've had this issue since I got the sim at launch. The reason I dont get this issue with smaller planes is that I don't fly it for like 4+ hours in one sitting. I get it when flying heavy metal doing a trans-atlantic crossing. I get it in the a320, b78x and the 748. All modded of course. After about 4 hours I get terrible stutters, and FPS in the single digits. Up until that point, nothing remarkable. Everything is normal until it isn't 😉

I am on a I9-10900k @5ghz, 32gb ram, Samsung evo 1tb ssd, 2080TI. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

11 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I've had this issue since I got the sim at launch. The reason I dont get this issue with smaller planes is that I don't fly it for like 4+ hours in one sitting. I get it when flying heavy metal doing a trans-atlantic crossing. I get it in the a320, b78x and the 748. All modded of course. After about 4 hours I get terrible stutters, and FPS in the single digits. Up until that point, nothing remarkable. Everything is normal until it isn't 😉

I am on a I9-10900k @5ghz, 32gb ram, Samsung evo 1tb ssd, 2080TI. 

Andreas:  pay close attention to #3 in this post.  I fly the B78X HD & AS CRJ and I do not have this issue from adhering to these ideas even on very long flights:  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/617846-what-settings-do-you-use-to-reach-the-holy-grail-of-msfs/?do=findComment&comment=4757628

• Like 1

Noel