Sign in to follow this  
kiwi971

altitude difference MSFS

I made a quick flight this morning for P3D it works pretty well I see a slight variation of 100 feet from time to time , but I think it's my plane that does that it's still necessary that I make a longer flight to confirm this. I haven't tested it on MSFS yet.

I still don't understand it completely. In my new approach the aircraft may make an altitude jump when they pass TA...For instance, an aircraft taking off at QNH 1000 will be about 400 feet under the altitude if QNH was 1013. When passing TA, PSXT no longer uses true altitude but pressure altitude and the aircraft jumps up 400 feet...

That does not happen in real live (!), so there is still something wrong in my new aproach.

I think I go back to my oriiginal approach of true altitudes only. The differnce problems arrive if the QNH in MSFS (or any Sim) is not the same as the QNH in real live.

-- let me think --

Edited by kiek

6 hours ago, kiek said:

I still don't understand it completely. In my new approach the aircraft may make an altitude jump when they pass TA...For instance, an aircraft taking off at QNH 1000 will be about 400 feet under the altitude if QNH was 1013. When passing TA, PSXT no longer uses true altitude but pressure altitude and the aircraft jumps up 400 feet...

That does not happen in real live (!), so there is still something wrong in my new aproach.

I think I go back to my oriiginal approach of true altitudes only. The differnce problems arrive if the QNH in MSFS (or any Sim) is not the same as the QNH in real live.

-- let me think --

First of all, I appreciate that you looked into it. Maybe there’s a way it can be a user option, where we can toggle it on and off? I don’t really mind if the aircraft “jumps” at the TA, but that’s just my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, alex86 said:

First of all, I appreciate that you looked into it. Maybe there’s a way it can be a user option, where we can toggle it on and off? I don’t really mind if the aircraft “jumps” at the TA, but that’s just my opinion. 

No, my new approch was wrong. It placed aircraft above TA wrongly, it always has to use true altitude.

The differences in altitude, raised by the OP,  are probably caused by differences in QNH. You should have live weather in your sim with the same QNH as RT.

Hello

would it be possible to have the two old files that you removed because they worked well. we had a correct altitude .

26 minutes ago, kiwi971 said:

would it be possible to have the two old files that you removed because they worked well. we had a correct altitude .

No that is not possible. It did not work well.

Make sure that the QNH in your Sim is the actual QNH. Use live weather.

33 minutes ago, kiwi971 said:

i use live weather via active sky but i still have 400 feet difference

Did you check that the Qnh in your Sim is the same as the QNH in RT?

36 minutes ago, kiwi971 said:

finally it works well sometimes slight variation but it works thank you

Good!