Sign in to follow this  
kiwi971

altitude difference MSFS

Hello Hello

would there be a way to circumvent the problem of difference in altitude which makes that on the TACS the traffic does not appear at the good altitude? because even by putting the QNH manually on 1013 the problem persists ?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Edited by kiwi971

1 hour ago, kiwi971 said:

would there be a way to circumvent the problem of difference in altitude which makes that on the TACS the traffic does not appear at the good altitude? because even by putting the QNH manually on 1013 the problem persists ?

What problem?

The traffic generated by PSXT is at the right altitude. PSXT already exists for 7 years in FSX and P3D. I have never had any report about differences in altitude.

It looks like there is a problem in your aircraft's TCAS or with the QNH in your Sim (you should use real live weather). What aircraft are you flying?

Edited by kiek

Just to piggy back on this, is there a way to adjust the PSXT QNH manually passing  the transition level? This way when you’re in the Flight Levels, the surrounding airplanes are also using 29.92/1013. 

Regardless, this add on has really transformed my flightsim experience. I just wanted to express a huge THANK YOU for the continued support of this awesome tool! 

39 minutes ago, alex86 said:

Just to piggy back on this, is there a way to adjust the PSXT QNH manually passing  the transition level? This way when you’re in the Flight Levels, the surrounding airplanes are also using 29.92/1013. 

No there is not, and you should not even do/want that...

All ADS-B transponder altitudes of real aircraft are at 1013.25. PSXT needs the local QNH to compensate for barometric altitude.

You as user pilot have to set standard QNH when passing transition level, not the AI pilots 😉

39 minutes ago, alex86 said:

Regardless, this add on has really transformed my flightsim experience. I just wanted to express a huge THANK YOU for the continued support of this awesome tool! 

Thank you! Please spread the news, tell your friends. We need more users to keep RT in business. 

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I use A32NX from FLYBYWHIRE the problem probably comes from their plane. On P3D I have no problem it's only on MSFS2020

I just noticed I am having this problem as well. I am currently seeing it on the PMDG 737 in MSFS. Not sure if it's happening on other aircraft but will check next time I fly them. But the altitude is definitely off relative to my altitude (currently -1200ft). I am flying at FL380. There is an aircraft ahead that Realtraffic is showing at FL400, yet my TCAS is showing it as only +08 (800 ft above). Another aircraft is flying at FL370 and the TCAS is showing -22 (2200 ft below). This difference is consistent across all aircraft on the TCAS. I am at standard pressure, and PSXT is showing a QNH of 1005.0. I am flying with live weather in MSFS.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Lezama

I cannot do much about it. The problem lies in the PMDG 737 or MSFS.

But I believe I am visually seeing the aircraft at wrong altitudes as well. I will test this some more.

Chris

Chris Lezama

Looks like VATSIM traffic is also showing in the TCAS wrong. This time im using the Fenix A320 which still doesnt show PFPX aircraft on TCAS properly. But the aircraft were also in the sim at the wrong altitude. An aircraft flew right past me at FL360 that should have been at FL370 from realtraffic/psxt.

So, it's likely not the tcas fault but the sim injecting the traffic at the wrong altitudes?

Chris

Chris Lezama

On 6/14/2022 at 11:34 PM, kiek said:

I cannot do much about it. The problem lies in the PMDG 737 or MSFS.

I'm sorry guys, the problem might be in PSXT.... 

PSXT Aircraft that are above Transition Altitude should not be corrected for the local QNH because their altitudes are already based on 1013 ...

PSXT may inject live aircraft above TA at the wrong height depending on the local QNH. If QNH is near 1013 you would not notice it, but for a QNH of say 1023, the difference would be 10 * 30 = 300 feet and for 993 it would be 600 feet...

Sofar PSXT did not have acces to the TA of the nearest airport but Balthasar of RT has kindly put that TA in the Metar messages.

With that info all looks fine now. See this screenshot of the TCAS of the PMDG 737, the local QNH is 1021, but all the other aircraft are nicely at a difference of n*1000 feet.

Could you guys test it too, please?

Here is the PSXT_MSFS.exe (just overwrite yours), or PSXseeconTraffic.exe for P3D.

You also need the beta version 9.0.185 of RT. You can get that by putting a file named Beta (without an extension) in 

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\InsideSystems

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kiek said:

You also need the beta version 9.0.185 of RT. You can get that by putting a file named Beta (without an extension) in 

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\InsideSystems

Regards,

Nico

Hi, got the PSXT .exe and added the no-extention 'Beta' file in the location above but not yet getting the 9.0.185 version of RT. Perhaps not yet live.

1 hour ago, Freq_flyer44 said:

Hi, got the PSXT .exe and added the no-extention 'Beta' file in the location above but not yet getting the 9.0.185 version of RT. Perhaps not yet live.

It is live, I have used it myself, here how the InsideSystems folder should look like.

Restart RT, after you have placed the file.

Edited by kiek

Same for me, stuck on 9.0.180 Professional...not getting RT beta update after RT restart. Here is my InsideSystems directory:

spacer.png

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

In that case I think you have to update the RealTraffic installer.

Download your RT version from Balthasars website and install it.

No need to uninstall your current version.

2 minutes ago, kiek said:

In that case I think you have to update the RealTraffic installer.

Download your RT version from Balthasars website and install it.

No need to uninstall your current version.

I reinstalled from a newly downloaded installer, without uninstalling current version, and RT updated to RT 9.0.185 - so yes that worked.

Will report any findings this evening.

Thanks Nico

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB