Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Varjo Aero VR Headset and Motion Prediction / Reprojection?

Well, as i feared, i got my Aero and tested it out, im used to reprojection and seeing no blur on the ground out the window with my G2 headset with MR.

They seem to have added "Motion prediction" to the interface, however it has no effect using the openxr toolkit etc as expected, just not there yet.

Has anyone heard a timeline as to when this might occur, its been some time now since it was first mentioned?  Hesitant to keep these if its a long ways off or if it gets implemented poorly in some way.

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I wouldn’t hold your breath, but.. DLSS should make a huge difference + try full foveated rendering 

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

21 hours ago, Spit40 said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath, but.. DLSS should make a huge difference + try full foveated rendering 

Yeah, i suppose, but will DLSS double the frame rate to get it near 90?  I guess that remains to be seen.  Im using fov rendering, but getting around 36 fps.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

1 hour ago, theskyisthelimit said:

Yeah, i suppose, but will DLSS double the frame rate to get it near 90?  I guess that remains to be seen.  Im using fov rendering, but getting around 36 fps.

I feel like i see the compromises NIS and FSR generate but the FPS boost is substantial. Throw in some AI so that the sharp lines stay sharp and the fuzzy edge clouds stay fuzzy edged (i.e. my simple take on DLSS) and this new tech could be a game hanger IMHO

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Well i got to tweaking things slightly and i have to say, with the Aero, flying at 40 fps is really pretty solid, very subtle ground blurring actually.  I know there is no MR yet, but i feel like closer to 45 its really smooth.  (i cant realistically get 40-45 everywhere, this test was near san fran, its more like 36 average elsewhere, reflections on cost 4 fps as a side note)

In fact, switching to my G2, the turning head ghosting thing i have always had is there and going back to aero, none of that.

Then i did direct comparisons swapping back and forth on how clear everything was with open xr toolkit at 85% on both and in sim 100%, honestly the aero is maybe 20% better if i could put a number to it, the uptick in clarity is such that the displays are crisper, no jaggies, distant textures slightly less fuzzy.  I feel like it should be significantly better clarity wise but its not, however the smoothness combined clarity makes it a win.

My Aero arrives tomorrow.. I am upgrading from a G2, here's hoping for a big boost in clarity.  I am using the same setting in  openxr toolkit. 85% and 100% I have increase the setting in the Sim as I have a hi end system and with the G2 using PMDG 737 or FBW very seldom go below 40fps.. My system is a 12900k @ 5  with a 3080TI 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My Aero arrived yesterday and setup was straight forward.... I left all my setting as I had with my G2... My initial reaction was "wow" the clarity in the PMDG 737 cockpit is a big improvement you can reading all the instruments and FMC clearly... I did a couple of flights and you soon get use to the added clarity. My fps is sitting between 42fps and 50fps with a 35PPD (high) setting in the headset. I have bumped up my setting in the sim and adjusted NIS in OpenXR Toolkit currently 85% and 100% in the Sim. One thing I have noticed that with external tracking there is no more cockpit shaking but you do get the bounce when going down the runway and taxi (which is super cool if you have a buttkicker)... The headset tracking with external base stations is way better that the G2.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

There was a varjo base update the other day.. now "enabled if supported" for motion prediction took my frames from say 50 to 30, it seems motion reprojection almost works ok, if you can keep your frames at around 45, anything less its stuttery, so for now (despite even dlss etc) i've set it to "disabled".. also confusing is the reprojection option with the beta for 10.. it seems to clash if you turn it on, im unclear what thats for.

Update again, so i tried motion reprojection set to enabled again.  In the sim i have Render scale at 100, TAA is on, with beta 10 there is reprojection in the settings, this is off..  openxr toolkit is active and scaling FSR at 16% is on, overall scale at 87%, fixed fov. rendering on quality and im getting a solid 30 fps and it seems pretty good.. i can bank the wing and still see the ground clearly, however in moving the head its sometimes slightly "off" or maybe slightly jittery.  I still need to evaluate using it this way vs with it set to disabled (and where i can get say 48 to 50 fps max in that mode, so its not horrid either)

How is motion reprojection these days in the Aero? I have the G2, am considering the Aero, (with G2 and  OpenXR I get good MR 22.5 or 30 fps most of the time) but without solid MR it is a no go. I really hate any blurrieness when looking outside, for instance taxiing on a big airport or moving fast in a jet, looking aside. With my system I can get 50 or 60 fps or so without MR on, but it still is blurry/ghosting while rotating movements. Is motion reproduction an separate Varjo  option? That seems in developmental stage still?

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

6 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

How is motion reprojection these days in the Aero? I have the G2, am considering the Aero, (with G2 and  OpenXR I get good MR 22.5 or 30 fps most of the time) but without solid MR it is a no go. I really hate any blurrieness when looking outside, for instance taxiing on a big airport or moving fast in a jet, looking aside. With my system I can get 50 or 60 fps or so without MR on, but it still is blurry/ghosting while rotating movements. Is motion reproduction an separate Varjo  option? That seems in developmental stage still?

Released but not effective. See latest video by VR Flight Sim Guy

atk-logo-354.jpg

How is it now?

• Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Well, I got the Aero, and MR is reasonably good, I fly in the MSFS2020 beta btw. Can be watery, and sometimes stutters, for instance,I tried a ultralight on Wycomb Airpark: stutter right after takeoff, but gone when I did a touch and go and another circuit. I suspect that has nothing to do with the Aero itself.