Sign in to follow this  
ORN

Airbus, Wilco/Feelthere or CLS

Hi,now that my FSX finally runs ok, I'd like to fly some airliners again. I used to have fly the PSS Airbus. The new one should have systems that works well, a good FMS, and feel good to fly by hand as well. Also it is important that the FBW system works properly, and it mustn't be too heavy on the framerates. I think I also have to add that I can't stand bad graphic work, that's why I like the PSS 2D panels so much ...Too much to ask for maybe?Eagle

It has been an extremely long waiting period in terms of getting the high-quality add-ons for FSX.The price for innovation and advancement in the sim engine is backward compatibility with the add-ons of the previous generation. The add-on developers have to play so many tricks to make their add-ons high quality such that when the structure of the simulation changes, these developers are left to scramble to get their product functional and performing at an acceptable level.This cycle has been in place for nearly 10 years now. Many great airliner add-ons fall by the wayside because it is just too difficult to keep up with the architectural changes brought about with each new version of flightsim. Plus the SDK usually over-promises and then falls short in enough areas to where the add-on developers resort to tricks which are rarely sustainable when the next FS version (and sometimes OS version) emerges. It's a tough racket...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

True enough, but things are starting to show up now. Since I got no responses for my request I just went out and bought the Feelthere Airbus, and I am very pleased with it! The FBW works in a intuitive way with a audible response when moving the throttle from one mode to another, the FMC works well for my way of flying, all the important stuff are there, and I get some help to calculate fuel/weight/vspeeds etc. (don't like to dig into schemes to find that info). The systems works fine and are complex enough.All in all a very nice Airbus. I only wish there were a SAS Scandinavian Airline livery available for the A321 ...Eagle

Hello,Sorry I was late with a response - I have both and agree that The Wilco/FT is more intense to fly in FSX. The CLS has great sound but is very "lite" in simulation of systems - no FMS, etc.I actually enjoy both - the FT being my choice also.Cheers,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Yes, I know about that, looks fantastic! Reality XP is one of the things that I miss in FSX.But while we wait for that one I think the FT Airbus is a very fine alternative. As far as I know it is the only airliner for FSX with an FMC and advanced systems, am I right? With autogen off (which is ok for IFR flying) I get very decent framerates as well, even with my oldish single core box :-).Eagle

Thanks Paul, the review was (as always) part of the reason why I finally decided to buy it. And the fact that they have sorted out the bugs. No serious problems except that I never have managed to exit the sim or change aircraft from the Airbus without a CTD. As long as I can complete a flight before the sim crashes I can live with that bug, but it is annoying, I like to do a VFR flight from the destination airport after an IFR flight, w/o any changes in time/weaher etc. :-).Eagle