Sign in to follow this  
mytree123

Leonardo Maddog X reverse way too strong

Hello!

I have a problem with the Maddog X by Leonardo. For some reason the reverse is that strong, it is even able to accelerate me backwards faster than forwards (looks really werd when in action). So whenever I land I brake from 130 knots to 0 in no time. I do not have this issue on any other aircraft I use. Any suggestions?

Hi!

I've got MD-82 v2.1 b833 in P3Dv4.5.14 with Thrustmaster Airbus throttle and it's working fine. If you've got a throttle, have you calibrated it? Procedure can be found in Maddog X Files - Docs - Fly the Maddog X Quick Guide page 22. As an example, here's my settings in the maddogx.ini file if its of any help:

ThrottleAxisFilter=1
; reverse scale factor x 10
ReverseAxisScale1=17
ReverseAxisScale2=17

and furher down:

IdleForwardThrustAxis1=8370
IdleForwardThrustAxis2=8370
IdleReverseThrustAxis1=6821
IdleReverseThrustAxis2=6821

I do not have the Maddog X, but I do know that a practice at some airports where there was no pushback service was to use the reversers to back out of the gate. Could this be what you're experiencing? 

• Upvote 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

8 minutes ago, avusm575 said:

Hi!

I've got MD-82 v2.1 b833 in P3Dv4.5.14 with Thrustmaster Airbus throttle and it's working fine. If you've got a throttle, have you calibrated it? Procedure can be found in Maddog X Files - Docs - Fly the Maddog X Quick Guide page 22. As an example, here's my settings in the maddogx.ini file if its of any help:

ThrottleAxisFilter=1
; reverse scale factor x 10
ReverseAxisScale1=17
ReverseAxisScale2=17

and furher down:

IdleForwardThrustAxis1=8370
IdleForwardThrustAxis2=8370
IdleReverseThrustAxis1=6821
IdleReverseThrustAxis2=6821

Hello, where do I set these settings? within p3d or any app from the md80?

MD80s would power back often in the days and reverse thrust is strong. Just remember in aircraft, you can meter how much reverse with the levers. If you only have access for max reverse or none, then this could be the issue.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mytree123 said:

Hello, where do I set these settings? within p3d or any app from the md80?

You didn't answer if you've got a throttle, but I guess you do since you're asking about these settings. As described in the "Maddog X Quick Guide.pdf" you calibrate the throttle from inside P3D with a cold & dark cockpit. But first take a backup of the maddogx.ini-file. It's in the folder "Maddog X Files -  Prepar3D v4 - Data". After calibration, your calibration values will appear in the .ini file, but the values should not be of interest if you're happy with your calibration and it solves your reverse thrust problem. I adjusted my values a little bit to fine tune the calibration.

27 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

MD80s would power back often in the days and reverse thrust is strong. Just remember in aircraft, you can meter how much reverse with the levers. If you only have access for max reverse or none, then this could be the issue.

Maybe it's the same problem with an uncalibrated throttle and it's giving full reverse thrust. I remember my throttle had full reverse when I expected reverse idle before I calibrated it.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I finally fixed the problem by just binding F2 for my reverse key and even on full reverse it doesn't invert the driving direction. I knew that the reverse was able to push this plane back quiet easily and this is the case now without it being absolutely horrendous.

Thanks soich for your help!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 12:53 PM, David Vega said:

I do not have the Maddog X, but I do know that a practice at some airports where there was no pushback service was to use the reversers to back out of the gate. Could this be what you're experiencing? 

wow I never knew that, I will have to look this up and see a video of this in action.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 5/6/2022 at 12:59 PM, David Vega said:

@TurboKen

See here and here

Nice! Very cool.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+