Sign in to follow this  
canuk22

Simconnect issue

I'm trying to use my android tablet and the FSWidget Gmap app with FS2020, simconnect is a requirement but the connection fails.  The tablet is configured to point at the PC, address and port.  Anyone here has experience with that one? how to configure etc?  Are there different versions of simconnect?

On the PC, in Windows settings, Network and Internet, is your Network profile set to "Public" or "Private"? It should be set to "Private".

(Note: Laptops that are connected to a public WiFi should be set to "Public" for security reasons).

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

25 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

On the PC, in Windows settings, Network and Internet, is your Network profile set to "Public" or "Private"? It should be set to "Private".

(Note: Laptops that are connected to a public WiFi should be set to "Public" for security reasons).

...jim

It is setup as such

Well this is pointless, simply will not work.  I'm guessing Simconnect was never really intended to work with this sim.

I don't think that this is a SimConnect issue per se. The Andorid app wants to talk to their "FS Widgets Network Pack" application that must be present on your PC. And that app is then in turn talking to the sim over SimConnect (locally, not over the network). It may require that a legacy SimConnect client must be installed on your PC, if this "Network Pack" hasn't been updated to MSFS libraries.

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, canuk22 said:

I'm guessing Simconnect was never really intended to work with this sim.

That is not what SimConnect is. SimConnect is the built-in API (Application Programming Interface) of the MS and Lockheed simulators. It is an integral part of the sim itself, it can be neither installed nor uninstalled. And it works just fine btw.

The things that people install all the time are SimConnect clients, i.e. little programs made to connect to the SimConnect server that is part of the sim. If an external app has been created using current SDK libraries, no such client is required for MSFS or P3D. Only really old software that was made for FSX needs an extra SimConnect client installation.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

No matter what I do, will not work.  So I decided to fly without, setup the FBW A32X, started programming the FMS, I walk away to get something comeback and lo and behold I'm on the desktop.  Done with this sim, I'm freeing up the drive for something, it's sad because I built this powerful machine just for this.  Oh well it works like a charm for my other sims.

I had the same problem with my AirTrac for iPad. I noticed very slow speeds on US West MS servers I am connected to.

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

24 minutes ago, aero943 said:

I had the same problem with my AirTrac for iPad. I noticed very slow speeds on US West MS servers I am connected to.

Well there's always something, just had my fill.

1 hour ago, canuk22 said:

No matter what I do, will not work.  So I decided to fly without, setup the FBW A32X, started programming the FMS, I walk away to get something comeback and lo and behold I'm on the desktop.  Done with this sim, I'm freeing up the drive for something, it's sad because I built this powerful machine just for this.  Oh well it works like a charm for my other sims.

i dont get it, these people who cannot handle some issues.

for most people here the sims runs ok.

1 minute ago, wim123 said:

i dont get it, these people who cannot handle some issues.

for most people here the sims runs ok.

Well it's not like I've not been around software in my lifetime, I've seen and touched pretty complex stuff.  There's always something and when that happens the first thing people say is empty your community folder...LOL.  It's more fun to fly honestly than thinkering all afternoon and trying to figure if an addon or livery is causing a problem. 

1 hour ago, canuk22 said:

"So I decided to fly without, setup the FBW A32X"

Was this the "Stable" version ?

Or the in Development / Experimental version?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

"So I decided to fly without, setup the FBW A32X"

Was this the "Stable" version ?

Or the in Development / Experimental version?

Stable, I never do experimental in anything.  Anyhow, don't matter, the drive has been reformatted and I'm moving on to better things to do with my time.  My biggest consolation to this day is that in 2 years I bought 1 add ons, just glad I did not sink much cash into it, hurts less but in CDN money the sim was $180