Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

PMDG 737 - Incorrect fuel from Simbrief

Apologies for yet another 737 thread. I'm struggling with importing the load data from Simbrief for pretty much every flight. As an example, Simbrief calculates 13,000lbs of fuel, but every time I import it 737 keeps it at around 25,100. Anyone else? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I would be interested to hear the answer as well. I believe it doesn't load fuel, at least at the moment I fill up and load airplane manually based on simbrief values

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It does not.  Read last night on the official forum you can empty the bird and save that state with your default panel state so each spawn you are cold, dark and empty.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Apologies for yet another 737 thread. I'm struggling with importing the load data from Simbrief for pretty much every flight. As an example, Simbrief calculates 13,000lbs of fuel, but every time I import it 737 keeps it at around 25,100. Anyone else? 

Simbrief tells you how much fuel you need, it's up to you to load it. Same as it's up to you to load the payload.

G

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Wrong expectation on my end. Manual load it is. Thanks for the feedback. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, badgenes said:

you can empty the bird and save that state with your default panel state so each spawn you are cold, dark and empty

That's a great idea. I load fuel (as well as passengers and baggage) using the fuel truck option in the ground services menu. Usually add around 500kg to the Simbrief planned fuel in case of some MSFS ATC chaos. 

Lol... cold, dark and empty. Sounds terrible when those words are put together 😅

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Lol... cold, dark and empty. Sounds terrible when those words are put together 😅

It sure does...very ominous sounding...lol. Last night I watched a good tutorial stream where the streamer brought in an actual 737 pilot that flies for Ryan Air. The tutorial started with cold and dark and went all the way through a short flight and shutdown. During the setup, on the subject of fuel, the Ryan Air pilot said, as far as their SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) goes, they add the fuel in from their briefing to include alternate routing and such, rounding up to the nearest 100, and then they add in another 100 Kg on top of that to cover unforeseen circumstances like being stopped on the taxiway for a longer delay, or other various potential small delays. I am sure simmers across the board probably use similar systems to plan their extra fuel load, but I thought it was interesting. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

3 hours ago, badgenes said:

you can empty the bird and save that state

How do you actually do this? Not the empty the bird part but the saving the state part?

EDIT: Saved a panel state named "colddarkempty" in the PMDG setup menu. So next time I load a flight, I go to that menu and load that panel state, right?

EDIT 2: See that it's possible to choose a startup state. I guess I answered my own question. 

EDIT 3: Amazed that the RTFM folks haven't attacked me yet! I have actually gone through the 118 page introduction manual. Well perhaps I've browsed through it..

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”