Please give us new grass!

I found this on the official MSFS forum:

Off gave 23.6 FPS,
Low gave 23.2 FPS (2% reduction)
Medium gave 22.5 FPS (5% reduction)
High gave 21.7 FPS (9% reduction)
Ultra gave 20.9 FPS (13% reduction)

On 5/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, uwespeed said:

Telling a personal opinion / complaining is not allowed here in the "rabid dog" forum.

Amazing how every topic that may slightly criticize something in here is immediately shot down by a parade of low voters...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paul K said:

Agreed. I had a problem with the default Asobo grass at the freeware Duxford, by ChicoMick. It looked more like a vegetable allotment than an airfield. The temporary solution is to turn grass detail off altogether in the MSFS graphics options. It looks much better.

Thnaks Paul, I'll follow, your lead.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, mtaxp said:

Amazing how every topic that may slightly criticize something in here is immediately shot down by a parade of low voters...

I know, I think it's an extension to our cancel society! 🤣 Don't like someone's opinion or disagree with their point of view... shoot them down.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

9 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

I suppose the real "rabid dog" forum is about as dead as it's ever been, so here you are 😂 

So true @lwt1971. I've noticed that lately as well 😄

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 hours ago, mtaxp said:

Well you must be very new then to the MSFS forums, where everything about it is criticized and scrutinized ad nauseam... and in a fair amount of cases rightfully so (especially the beginning days)... it's just that for some these issues might not be as big or even present, and for some others they are. In some cases there's much more of the former, which I suppose comes across as "criticism being shot down" to the latter. Those criticizing about the grass in this particular topic are most welcome to do so, as that is a pet issue for them.

But that said, what's really curious is when detractors of MSFS and/or those who don't use MSFS at all selectively come on to MSFS forum threads whose topics are about criticizing some aspects of the sim, and then complain about criticizing being shot down 🙂 .... well, it's not really curious, and actually very understandable especially given the current huge momentum behind MSFS.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

30 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

But that said, what's really curious is when detractors of MSFS and/or those who don't use MSFS at all selectively come on to MSFS forum threads whose topics are about criticizing some aspects of the sim, and then complain about criticizing being shot down 🙂 .... well, it's not really curious, and actually very understandable especially given the current huge momentum behind MSFS.

You seem to have many assumptions about me, that i'll just leave it as is.

3 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I know, I think it's an extension to our cancel society! 🤣 Don't like someone's opinion or disagree with their point of view... shoot them down.

I fly toy planes made from 1 and 0's...I post on random forums dedicated to aforementioned niche hobby. I am not sure why anybody cares what I say?!?! Not a criticism just an observation...