Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

Fenix Failures Addon?

Hey Bryan and team,

I remember waaaay back when, FS2Crew sold a cool emergency & abnormal procedures expansion for the NGX. My memory gets fuzzy that many decades back, but I remember it being such a blast of added realism. Now that Fenix is coming out with every circuit breaker and failure imaginable, I wonder if the team would consider making their second abnormal procedures expansion, this time for the Fenix FS2Crew product? As I understand it, the NGX version was a "niche within a niche" and may not have been popular enough to be worth the dev hours, but I was hoping with the much larger MSFS market that may have changed. Any chance you could justify giving it a second go?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

The emergency NGX features were integrated into the main product. As for the Fenix, it supports around 95% of the failures in the real sim (full flight simulator), so programming the checklist interactions for all 300+ items would be a chore... 

46 minutes ago, Ilari Kousa said:

The emergency NGX features were integrated into the main product. As for the Fenix, it supports around 95% of the failures in the real sim (full flight simulator), so programming the checklist interactions for all 300+ items would be a chore... 

Hi Ilari, I'm a but confused. Are you able to re-explain this to me? If the Emergency expansion was rolled into the regular development build, then great! My wish is already achieved. But then you say doing that very thing would be a chore, so does that mean the Emergency expansion in fact wasn't rolled into the regular build?

I guess I'm confused on if it's already FS2Crew standard or not, and if not, then of course my request is to do it and sell it separate. (Since doing so many checklists would be a chore and cost a lot of dev and voice recording hours). Thanks for any clarification Ilari!

Cheers.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

No, I just meant that it would be a lot more work for the Fenix than for the PMDG if one wanted to make the co-pilot capable of dealing with all the failures.

Edited by Ilari Kousa

15 minutes ago, byork said:

We will definitely be supporting the Fenix.

About failures, it really depends on how much data can be read out of the plane and what's available to us.

Cheers,

Awesome! I'll bump this topic once the Fenix SDK is released. Thanks for even considering it Bryan! Have a good day.

12 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Fenix works with the Fs2crew FBW?

It would work in a limited way.

FS2Crew FBW is heavily customized for the FBW (the FBW uses a lot of "custom" names for the variables used to move the switches, etc, and FS2Crew FBW accounts for those custom naming conventions).

3 hours ago, byork said:

It would work in a limited way.

FS2Crew FBW is heavily customized for the FBW (the FBW uses a lot of "custom" names for the variables used to move the switches, etc, and FS2Crew FBW accounts for those custom naming conventions).

So will be an update very short for the Fenix In order to make it compatible?

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

5 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

So will be an update very short for the Fenix In order to make it compatible?

The Fenix won't come over night.  We still have to finish the Maddog, finish the PMDG 737...

This stuff takes a lot of time.  We can't just whip them out in a week or two...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, byork said:

The Fenix won't come over night.  We still have to finish the Maddog, finish the PMDG 737...

This stuff takes a lot of time.  We can't just whip them out in a week or two...

Yes, i understand very well! It was to inform me about the product.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement