Sign in to follow this  
spitzer

PMDG 737 FREEZES

Hello all, during today flight i have encountered this problem. During changing arrival procedure a/c completely frozen, i mean all switches and screens frozen but sim continued to run. I have waited 5 min and than closed the sim. Maybe it is a new bug introduced with wu9! Anyone encountered this? 

Uygar

Best Regards

1 hour ago, spitzer said:

Hello all, during today flight i have encountered this problem. During changing arrival procedure a/c completely frozen, i mean all switches and screens frozen but sim continued to run. I have waited 5 min and than closed the sim. Maybe it is a new bug introduced with wu9! Anyone encountered this? 

World update is just scenery, shouldn't affect the aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Did you use “pause at top of decent” function in the pmdg configuration menu? If so this could be the cause. I had the same when my sim “froze”, turned out i had to unpause the sim because i was near TOD. 

2 minutes ago, mvdb said:

Did you use “pause at top of decent” function in the pmdg configuration menu? If so this could be the cause. I had the same when my sim “froze”, turned out i had to unpause the sim because i was near TOD. 

No i didn't use that setting. But i will check. 

Uygar

Best Regards

Checked pause at TOD setting, it is already set to "no".

Uygar

Best Regards

3 hours ago, spitzer said:

Can you reproduce the problem on the same or different flight route?

Which step in changing the arrival procedure (CDU data entry) caused the freeze?

If you give the route details and when you did the change (e.g., waypoint/near a fix) maybe another pilot could fly the same test route.

Edited by vonmar
added info

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Not seen this (although haven't done a lot of flying with it yet) but it sounds like a WASM crash. Had this a few time with the AS CRJ when inputting certain procedures would invoke a bug in the FMS and cause the module to crash - rather than a full CTD it just crashes the module and results in a freeze of all of the instruments and some of the switch animations.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

45 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

Just finished another flight at the same route without freeze. But possibly a new bug emerged; https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs/188908-airplane-freeze

Ok, cannot reproduce the problem. Glad to hear the flight went ok.

Then what does this mean? :

"But possibly a new bug emerged"

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW