Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Blurries and Photoreal Scenery? (fsx.CFG to try)

Hi,I hear there are quite a few folk experiencing the blurry problem since SP1 while flying over photoreal scenery. I am perhaps one of the lucky ones in that, on the whole, my performance and visuals are pretty good in this situation:http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Cruachan47/SnowdoniaNPPerhaps some of you might be interested in giving my fsx.CFG file a try:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173060.zipFIRST BACKUP YOUR OWN FILEFew points to note:Look for the following lines and modify as appropriate -ProcSpeed=4629 // Substitute your own valuePerfBucket=6 // Substitute your own value(DISPLAY.Device.Radeon X1950 Pro.0) // Substitute your own card here ****N.B. Use square brackets in place of ( and ).;MipBias=4 // Use this if necessary - remove ';'I have Anti-Aliasing set at 4x and Anisotropic Filtering at 16x. Both are set at driver level using Ray Adams' ATT.My Texture LOD Adjustment slider in ATT is in the mid position so, I am assuming this represents a value for MipMapping Bias of '4'. This produces a shimmer free image on my setup.Give it a try and see whether you notice any changes, hopefully for the better!MikeASRock 939Dual-SATA2, AMD Athlon 64X2 4800+ (2400MHz)(Toledo), 2GB Crucial PC3200 DDR400 Ram 3-3-3-8 (2T)(Dual Channel), (PCI-E)Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB (Catalyst 7.1 WHQL), SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum (Drivers version 5.12.0001.1196 WHQL), Windows XP Home Edition (SP2), DirectX 9.0c (with 04/2007 update)FSX on 2nd partition of WD Caviar SE16 250GB (WD2500KS) SATAII. XP Home on 15GB Primary Partition.

Guest sunstriker

HiThx for posting; tried it and it does run reasonably well .I use TP and still get some blurring mind you Im skewing around a lot outside view!Been messing about with settings for some time but I dont think well resolve this with settings; I read its fundamentally FSX SP1 ?not loading textures absolutely.Hey ho - there is an answer somewhere then it will be fantasticcheers for trying to helpRich

Guest allcott

Changing proc speed won't help - it's purely a device that is included to measure the reported speed of your CPU. No-one would `downclock` their CPU for FSX, surely?Perbucket has values 1-7 and affects a lot of things - a `bucket` of measures, so will have an effectMipBias=4 will not be retained by the cfg after closing, so will have to manually placed in the cfg before every session.All this messing about with things that are not understood. Why not just pull some of the sliders to the left, and find out what aspect of the sim really affects things? Much better research.;)Allcott

>Perbucket has values 1-7 and affects a lot of things - a>`bucket` of measures, so will have an effect>Not a lot of things - it will only affect the default slider settings. Read Phil's blog entry titled "SP1:Tweak of the Week ( or not )"Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

>>MipBias=4 will not be retained by the cfg after closing, so>will have to manually placed in the cfg before every session.>>All this messing about with things that are not understood.Eh? Of course MipBias is retained after closing :-hmmm

Hi Alcott,"Changing proc speed won't help - it's purely a device that is included to measure the reported speed of your CPU. No-one would `downclock` their CPU for FSX, surely?Perbucket has values 1-7 and affects a lot of things - a `bucket` of measures, so will have an effect"Yes, you are correct, and I did speculate about this in my other thread: Reply #25http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=set...ow_topic#401636I suggested this merely to avoid interfering too much with each user's initial settings. Moreover, my values would be irrelevant and it might well be the case that the "PerfBucket" value should be retained as it was assigned during the original creation of each user's fsx.CFG and, possibly, may continue to be referenced thereafter by the sim's engine at each run. Furthermore, I found that there is little point deleting the ProcSpeed and PerfBucket lines as FSX recreates them at the next run and your settings will change accordingly to their initial default values.I could have provided these settings as the in-sim saved configuration file, but felt it would be more straightforward, for those wishing to experiment, to try (having backed up their own) my modified fsx.CFG instead. They could then just switch files. These settings are not my 'normal' settings; they are just the settings used for VFR flying over photorealistic scenery and, for me, they work well."MipBias=4 will not be retained by the cfg after closing, so will have to manually placed in the cfg before every session."Yes, again you are quite correct. Thanks, I missed that one! To be honest, I had forgotten :( While playing with TileProxy I noted Chris introduced a MipBias setting of 6. This produced an unacceptable image for me so I changed it to 4 and all was well once again. Later on I realised that this line had disappeared from fsx.CFG, but didn't give it much thought as I new Ray Adams' ATT was taking care of that setting for me.Thanks a lot for your helpful input and clarification.Mike