Sign in to follow this  
Guest miguelx

Black AI textures

Guest miguelx

Black AI texturesHi all, I've a weird problem with the ai aircraft textures. When I'm close to them, they show correctly but when I'm from a certain far distance (i.e. when on final approach) they show black textures. Here's a pic:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173125.jpgI don't know what can be wrong...any idea?Regards.

>Black AI textures>>Hi all, I've a weird problem with the ai aircraft textures. >>When I'm close to them, they show correctly but when I'm from>a certain far distance (i.e. when on final approach) they show>black textures. Here's a pic:>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173125.jpg>>I don't know what can be wrong...any idea?>>Regards.>A mipmap issue in FS9 the textures turn white and in FSX black :(Cheers,Andr

André

Guest miguelx

Thanks for your reply. Well... seems that is not solution for now. In any case, I can enjoy FSX in spite of those dark textures.Regards.

You could try experimenting with your settings. It's possible that your system hasn't got time to load those textures while you are on final. It may be that you will have to turn your settings down a notch so as to free up system resources. What sort of frame rates are you getting?Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest miguelx

>What sort of frame rates are you getting?>>Mike.I'm getting steady 22-27 fps except at major airports.I tried MipBias=4 setting with no luck :(

Guest miguelx

>Add the line MipBias=4 to the DISPLAY.Device section in the>FSX.CFG file under the resolution settings. This should>help!!I gave a try but with no luck :(