Sign in to follow this  
Guest uncyden

Blue 2d Blocks on water at night

As I mentioned before, I've run every single driver released between versions 84.xx and the newer 100 series on my 7900GTO, both whql and tweaked versions from various groups, and I do mean "ALL" of them haha. No driver has ever fixed this problem for me.Best of luck though.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

I had erroneously assumed it was an FSX shader bug of some sort pre-sp1, and figured sp1 would fix it, but it looks as if it's unique to a narrow range of later 7 series cards. I haven't experienced any graphical weirdness with my 7900GTO on any other games I play though. Anyway, don't know if you have a machine there with one installed Phil, but if so, just have to make sure land detail textures are checked on, and fly somewhere coastal at night with a full moon for the greatest effect, especially near a large city.I'll send an email to nvidia about it, but I don't have high hopes. They don't exactly have the best track record lately of fixing driver/hardware bugs and apparently don't even read their own forums. I'm sure they're afraid of even browsing the guru3d forums, most people over there would rather just have their heads than a new driver at this point haha. Granted they can be a little fanatical. ;)Cheers.

>Has the issue been reported to nVidia?Not by me.So I take from this discussion that:1) it's a shader(?) issue with nVidia 7600, 7800 and 7900 cards.2) it only happens at night, *sporadically* and with coastal waterI don't know how/where/to whom to report such an error.I don't think nVidia has a nice little tell_fs thing going on.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest jshyluk

I can definitely say that in my case, installing new drivers did the job! I had exactly the same problem, and I have a 7600 card. Changing the drivers solved the issue.I wish I could say exactly which drivers I used, but I am nowhere near my FSX computer right now. I use an older set of nVidia drivers because I want to support Stereoscopic (anaglyph) 3D output, and that seems to run 1 driver set older than the newest one. I have tried out a couple other nVidia drivers, and haven't noticed any adverse effects on either FSX or my other software, so I don't think it's a bad thing at all to try older drivers out. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest uncyden

I have just installed the latest HIFI Active Sky and graphics package and discovered something intersting. When I customise some of the themes changing the water shading I get purple blocks on water similar to flying circus's previous post.Some water shader combinations clear these and indeed seem to fix the blue artifacts that prompted my first post. This by no means solves the video card problem bit may provide a fix to those with this annoying problem. The active X software is not cheap but adds another dimension to FSX and well worth the money in my opinion.I have tried older drivers without any luck......Cheers Dennis

Guest smithcorp

Hi, which ASX shading setting fixed the problem for you please?

Guest uncyden

Smithcorp....I'm using a custom theme. Go to Water.Currently Selected Textures are:Alto,Green Tinted,XGraphic Default,Stormy,XGraphic D,XGraphic D,Xgraphic D,Green Tinted,Green Tinted,Green Tinted.I hope that makes sense. I have only played with a few of these but they work for me at the moment.If there is an easier way to post these settings ie. screenshot etc. let me know. Get back to me.. Dennis

>Smithcorp....I'm using a custom theme. Go to Water.Currently>Selected Textures are:>Alto,Green Tinted,XGraphic Default,Stormy,XGraphic D,XGraphic>D,Xgraphic D,Green Tinted,Green Tinted,Green Tinted.I hope>that makes sense. I have only played with a few of these but>they work for me at the moment.If there is an easier way to>post these settings ie. screenshot etc. let me know. Get back>to me.. DennisYour post confused me because on one hand you said your custom XGraphics theme solved the blue tile problem....and on the other hand you ALSO said that the XGrpahics theme introduced a "purple" shadling block as the screenshot by FlyingCircus shows.So which is it? Did your theme fix the problem, or did your theme simply change the color of the problem? ;)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

I think, this is an easy fix.Go to your graphics settings in FSX and uncheck "Land Detail Textures" in "scenery" tab. I had this problem with my old 7600GT Video card tooMannyPost here if that fixed it.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes turning off land detail textures will fix that problem, but it isn't really a solution as doing so will introduce blending issues with taxiway lines and also cause them to essentially burn through low vis fog in a shimmering mess. It just exchanges one problem for another.

Guest uncyden

I am not getting purple or blue tiles with the asx water textures I listed in my post...Dennis

>Yes turning off land detail textures will fix that problem,>but it isn't really a solution as doing so will introduce>blending issues with taxiway lines and also cause them to>essentially burn through low vis fog in a shimmering mess. It>just exchanges one problem for another.Any news?Andr

André

>>Any news?>>Andr

Rhett