Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Stream Deck Profiles Not Working With A&O

Hi Lorby-Si, I executed your instructions as mentioned above in the former email answers exactly, however the following happens: first I start AAO and under "Tools/Port settings for AAO Addon/Web API Definition in associated modules/StreamDeckPlugin" de checkbox is ticked. So that's okay. But next at the moment when I start the  Stream Deck app, that check mark of the Stream Deack Plugin in AAO under Web API Definition in associated modules, suddenly disappears! In that case the Assigned Button screen in AAO stays blank and the + button does not react. So apparently there is still no connection between AAO and Stream Deck? Please advice.

32 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

Hi Lorby-Si, I executed your instructions as mentioned above in the former email answers exactly, however the following happens: first I start AAO and under "Tools/Port settings for AAO Addon/Web API Definition in associated modules/StreamDeckPlugin" de checkbox is ticked. So that's okay. But next at the moment when I start the  Stream Deck app, that check mark of the Stream Deack Plugin in AAO under Web API Definition in associated modules, suddenly disappears! In that case the Assigned Button screen in AAO stays blank and the + button does not react. So apparently there is still no connection between AAO and Stream Deck? Please advice.

That is not how this works.

1. "Tools/Port settings for AAO Addon" the checkmarks are only used to select the addons where you want to apply the "Set port", "Set localhost", "Set local IP" action. They do not indicate the state of the addon or anything like that. 
And since this action (for example changing the port) can only be applied when the Elgato software is not running, you don't get to select this item when the StreamDeck is active.

2. The StreamDeck is not an input device for AAO, not like a joystick would be. It does not appear on this dialog at all. If you want to use the StreamDeck as a mere button box (which would be a waste), you use the "Button" action from the AxisAndOhs StreamDeck plugin. If you are sending keyboard events from the StreamDeck, you have to select "Keyboard" in the "Device" box on the "Add Button" dialog. But that would be a massive waste of resources too. It would be much better to download StreamDeck profiles that were made for the AAO StreamDeck plugin. You will find a number of those on flightsim dot to and the plugin itself must be downloaded from the axisandohs Weebly website. Right. Sorry about that, you obviously already have the plugin. So if you want to send a mere button event, that is picked up on the Add Button dialog, you use the "Button" action from the AAO plugin on the StreamDeck. But first make sure that the StreamDeck can actually talk to AAO. Pull the "Reset Connection" action from the AAO plugin to an empty slot on the StreamDeck when AAO is up and running and you are sitting in the cockpit. If it turns green, the SD can send data to AAO. If it stays dark, the "WebAPI troubleshooting guide" PDF applies. (which is also on the AAO website)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Lorby_Sl, I try to understand what you say but I don't get it: I cannot find the "Reset Connection" action from the AAO plug in; under the tabs Application, Gauges, Scripting, Templates, Hardware, Tools and Extras there is no "Reset Connection" action button or something like that.

And how do I pull the Reset Connection action (whatever this means) to "an empty slot" on the Stream Deck? What do you mean bij an empty slot and where can I find this?

Hold on, I now understand what you are saying. On the Stream Deck screen (the app on my pc) I've dragged the "Reset Connection" (on the right as part of the AAO menu) to an empty slot ('square/knob") on the Stream Deck and this knob turns green so the Stream Deck can send data to AAO. But my question is, why have I still an blank Assigned Axis and an blank Assigned Button screen on Stream Deck though on YouTube instruction videos this screen is always filled with scripts?

For explanation of my question: I've loaded your scripts and profile of the Cessna C172 and they work in MSFS pressing the knobs on the Stream Deck (the device on my desk). But in this case I would expact that the Assigned Axis and/or Assigned Button screen on AAO would show the scripts of the C172, which they do not. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

6 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

But in this case I would expact that the Assigned Axis and/or Assigned Button screen on AAO would show the scripts of the C172, which they do not.

Exactly, they don't. That is not how this works. The StreamDeck is not an input device for AAO, it is just a piece of software (the AAO SD plugin) sending data to the WebAPI of the AAO app. When you press a button on the StreamDeck, that sends a message to the WebAPI in AAO, where it is processed in the background. That has absolutely nothing to do with Axis or Button assignments.

If you are looking for the scripts that are being used, go to "Scripting->Edit RPN scripts". All scripts that you have imported are in the treelist on the left.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

11 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

the Assigned Axis and/or Assigned Button screen on AAO would show the scripts of the C172, which they do not

No, it does not. I don't know what YT video you were watching, but I am willing to bet that what you see there is their assignments of axis and button controls in AAO - which is what AAO is actually for - and which, again, has nothing to do with the StreamDeck. The StreamDeck Plugin is just a tiny side project of mine, definitely not the main purpose of AxisAndOhs.

If you are looking for controller templates, those are separate assets, unrelated to StreamDeck. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Here are some Youtube videos of the scripts that I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgEb1XyA-e4  at 06:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKos1eJF0o at 02.44

Further, it still puzzles me that the checkbox under "Tools/Port settings for AAO Addon/Web API Definition in associated modules/StreamDeckPlugin" is ticked (only possible when Stream Deck is not running) and that same check mark of the Stream Deck Plugin in AAO under Web API Definition suddenly disappears at the very moment that you start the Stream Deck app. Is that normal?

41 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

Here are some Youtube videos of the scripts that I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgEb1XyA-e4  at 06:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKos1eJF0o at 02.44

Further, it still puzzles me that the checkbox under "Tools/Port settings for AAO Addon/Web API Definition in associated modules/StreamDeckPlugin" is ticked (only possible when Stream Deck is not running) and that same check mark of the Stream Deck Plugin in AAO under Web API Definition suddenly disappears at the very moment that you start the Stream Deck app. Is that normal?

Those are his personal button definitions. They have nothing at all to do with the StreamDeck. He doesn't say what device he made those for or why they are there. Maybe he imported a template or something. For using the StreamDeck this is not required.

About the checkbox: I already explained that. This checkbox does not show if that module is active or not. It is just a selector for the purpose of changing the IP or the port on this dialog. So when you actually want to change the port, that is when you need the checkbox.
The moment the Elgato software is fired up, the checkbox is unchecked and disabled, because in this state you cannot change the port or the IP. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I don't have a "Reset Connection" button in my LAAO plugin. I have a "Connection Status" button that lights up green. Is there supposed to be a "Reset Connection" button?

15 minutes ago, riveter said:

I don't have a "Reset Connection" button in my LAAO plugin. I have a "Connection Status" button that lights up green. Is there supposed to be a "Reset Connection" button?

The Action has been renamed a while ago. "Connection Status" is the one.

LORBY-SI