Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

How independent is the FBW Airbus?

The FBW started, as we know as a mod to the Asobo Default Airbus, which meant it depended on it being installed.

It has been independent from it now for quite some time, but I never actually tried to find out whether "independent" really means that it doesn't need the default Airbus installed.

So the question is:
Can I uninstall the default Airbus and the FBW will still remain functional?

6 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The FBW started, as we know as a mod to the Asobo Default Airbus, which meant it depended on it being installed.

It has been independent from it now for quite some time, but I never actually tried to find out whether "independent" really means that it doesn't need the default Airbus installed.

So the question is:

It’s easy to uninstall and reinstall via the Marketplace. Why not give it a try and see for yourself?

-B

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, btacon said:
7 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So the question is:

It’s easy to uninstall and reinstall via the Marketplace. Why not give it a try and see for yourself?

Because that would require me losing time having to actually load the aircraft in. As opposed to me losing time here waiting for someone to give me an answer that is not rhetorical. 😉

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So the question is:

Why don't you just try it?  Easiest way to find out I'd have thought.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I do believe you could uninstall Asobo A320 and still have a 100% perfectly functioning A32NX. They do not share any common files in the sim.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

13 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I do believe you could uninstall Asobo A320 and still have a 100% perfectly functioning A32NX. They do not share any common files in the sim.

Yes, ^ ^ ^ this.

• Like 4

FlyByWire Simulations