Sign in to follow this  
rlw9sr

2 Engine Reverse Thrust Axes MSFS 2020

Is it possible to assign an individual thrust reverser axis? For example, the PMDG 737 (MSFS 2020) has 2 throttle axes (OK) and 2 reverser axes?  There is a thrust reverser toggle, but I have been unable to assign any axis.  Thanks--

Robert

Hello Robert,

No, sorry, that reverser toggle (where you can use the thrust levers as reversers after pressing a button) is a special functionality of the MSFS controller assignment module that is not available yet over the SimConnect API. And there are no separate axis for reversers in MSFS; not like in P3D.
The mentioned event does nothing for me either, I've tried. The _HOLD variant is a little weird, since one cannot "hold" a SimConnect event, it doesn't really work.

Personally I use the button - reverser pattern (= no axis).

I made a couple of RPN scripts that simulate the reverser axis of the PMDG 737 using throttle events. This works, but it is not very accurate.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

The problem here is ASOBO for not creating reverser axis. 
For some reason, people got the impression that the way to go is only "buttons". 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

My X56 Throttle has a slider switch, that using the HOLD event works perfectly since it acts as an axis and not a button.

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

Another simmer found a neat trick when you want to use separate levers for Reverser axis.

Use the (K:THROTTLE1_SET), (K:THROTTLE2_SET),  events with negative values (=adjust Axis Min, Axis Max so the travel of the lever only yields a negative value range.

I tried it real quick with the PMDG 737 and the FBW320 and it works for both with slightly different ranges:
PMDG 737: Axis Min = -8192, Axis Max = 0
FBW A320: Axis Min = -16383, Axis Max = -8192

If you want this to work on a single lever, just assign both thrust and reverser action to the same lever and use the same button as "Combo" on both - on the thrust axis with "suppress axis" enabled, but not for the reverser. So the lever will work as thrust lever when the button is not pressed, but when you keep the button pressed (or assign it as toggle in both cases) the lever will operate the reversers.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI