Sign in to follow this  
janbergwall01

No response from ATC in MSFS2020

Windows 11 Pro

MSFS 2020 latest updates

FSUIPC 7

Fenix A320 updated

Pilot2ATC updated, have licens

Problem: I can't get respons from ATC when requesting clearence. I’ve tried multiple times and sometimes I can use ”Say It” but no response and sometimes no dropmenu to use. No matter what main airport I use.

I have also turned off features in MSFS2020 according to instructions for FSUIPC7. And FSUIPC7 starts automatically when loading MSFS2020.

I also have a mic installed and working. The voices works fine when testing in config.

I will not use the speaking feature for commands, only dropmenus and "Say It". The copilot will handle things. I have used P2ATC for a long time before returning to flighsimming and it has always been working fine. So I don't know what the problem is.

What am I missing?

How to attache a logfile here? Or is it a support site somewhere I can use?

My rig: Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Geforce RTX3090, Gskill Trident 3600Mhz 64GB, Corsair SSD M.2 1 TB and Corsair SSD M.2 4 TB, 

You may just need to check the options to "Ignore Avionics Switch" and "Ignore Battery Switch".  Many airliners don't implement these switches so the P2A Radio remains inoperative.  This would be indicated by a Red Power indicator in P2A.

If P2A is not on a valid frequency, there will be no controller name below the frequency in the COM area of the main screen.  So no dropdowns will appear and you won't be able to communicate.  Also, if you are on a frequency like ATIS that has no controller, there will be no dropdowns.

If the above are not the problem, I would try a different aircraft just to see if the problem is specific to the Fenix.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have the same problem for about the last two weeks and went through most of the troubleshooting document. Am I correct in assuming that I could troubleshoot missing responses using the grammar helper, even with MSFS not running? So far, I don't even get a response in the grammar helper, but I am still working through your document.

Thanks,

Peter

You can use Grammar Helper without the SIM running.  It is meant to practice or troubleshoot your voice recognition, microphone issues, etc. It cannot help troubleshoot problems with the PTT button, aircraft / SIM connection, etc.

If you're not getting a response in Grammar Helper, using the PTT button on the screen, the first thing to do is to press the Replay button and see if you hear yourself speaking the phrase.  If not, you have a microphone or Windows audio input device setting issue.

If you do hear yourself, be sure it is loud and clear.  If it is, then it is likely a matter of needing to do the Language training for P2A by pressing the Train button and doing the Language training for each of the 10 listed controller types.

Dave

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You can use Grammar Helper without the SIM running.  It is meant to practice or troubleshoot your voice recognition, microphone issues, etc. It cannot help troubleshoot problems with the PTT button, aircraft / SIM connection, etc.

If you're not getting a response in Grammar Helper, using the PTT button on the screen, the first thing to do is to press the Replay button and see if you hear yourself speaking the phrase.  If not, you have a microphone or Windows audio input device setting issue.

If you do hear yourself, be sure it is loud and clear.  If it is, then it is likely a matter of needing to do the Language training for P2A by pressing the Train button and doing the Language training for each of the 10 listed controller types.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

your input helped, I just had a wonderful P2ATC flight again in VR. As real as it gets 🙂

Peter

I was also having this problem after updating to 2.6.3.2 Beta 3.  I ran thru the troubleshooting and found that I was hearing ATC respond if I held down the PTT button in the P2ATC menu.  That's when I noticed that for some reason the "Enable" box for my PTT joystick button had become unchecked.  I checked that and now everything is working normally. 

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

I'm having this exact same issue now.  I know PTT works, as I have a sound set to play when it is actuated.
The freq. is set to the Navigraph Clearance for the given airport.  (so far it's been KPDX and KNYL)
I receive ATIS.
Typically if I'm saying gibberish they'll at least respond with "repeat your request" after stating what frequency they are.
It happens both in X-Plane 11 and MSFS 2020.
I know it's not the aircraft, as it worked yesterday and the day before.
Which is a little bit crazy-making, seeing as I haven't altered anything.
"Say It" yields blank boxes while P2ATC recognizes it's on a Clr Del Freq.

spacer.png

Edited by Slaintemaith

SayIt Blank boxes, when on a valid frequency, usually indicate a corrupt or missing Grammar Helper File.

Send an email to admin@p2atc.com and we can send you just that one file so you don't have to reinstall the full program.

Dave