Sign in to follow this  
SH23

AIG controller issues

Hi. I'm having a strange set of issues with AIG controller (alpha version for msfs) and seeking guidance. 
1) the option to "inject traffic" is not active after I start the program. If things work, it's because they just start. 
2) things don't work consistently. Sometimes I start it up, and traffic just appears. sometimes it doesn't. 
but almost every time, the program quits after a certain amount of time, and traffic just disappears. 

As I said, I've got the latest versions of msfs and AIG. I downloaded the unstable version because it said that was compatible with msfs... 

brand new high end comp, windows 11.. 

any ideas greatly appreciated. 

57 minutes ago, SH23 said:

Hi. I'm having a strange set of issues with AIG controller (alpha version for msfs) and seeking guidance. 
1) the option to "inject traffic" is not active after I start the program. If things work, it's because they just start. 
2) things don't work consistently. Sometimes I start it up, and traffic just appears. sometimes it doesn't. 
but almost every time, the program quits after a certain amount of time, and traffic just disappears. 

As I said, I've got the latest versions of msfs and AIG. I downloaded the unstable version because it said that was compatible with msfs... 

try  this   works  for  me  start the  sim  load  to airport   than  load  aig    than  inject  the  aircraft option

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, SH23 said:

Both point 1) and 3) are also things I've experienced very frequently. 2) I haven't experienced much but I have experienced it twice. 

The third point is unfortunately a SimConnect issue, and so the developers can't do much (according to them); however I've had issues with it crashing on P3D as well, which apparently doesn't have this SimConnect issue, so I'm unsure if the traffic controller itself is just programmed poorly or if my machine is acting up.

I always have the inject on startup option ticked as it would never inject manually.

Some people find it both easier and faster to just skip using the controller altogether and just use the sims Realtime online traffic to control AIG

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Some people find it both easier and faster to just skip using the controller altogether and just use the sims Realtime online traffic to control AIG

I did that today for the first time. The upside is that you get contrails with ai traffic. The downside is the traffic isn’t accurate as far as airlines. I was flying into Sydney and there were Alaska and Westjet 737’s. It’s not a deal breaker but a little bit of an immersion killer.

NAX669.png

2 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I did that today for the first time. The upside is that you get contrails with ai traffic. The downside is the traffic isn’t accurate as far as airlines. I was flying into Sydney and there were Alaska and Westjet 737’s. It’s not a deal breaker but a little bit of an immersion killer.

I think I read that if you change ground aircraft density to zero, that might make the aircraft less random. That may just be true for Simple Traffic, though, and not AIG.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have had this issue too and reported it on their forum. So far the only explanation given is the one Aaron mentioned. However I doubt this is the issue because I am using Aivlasoft EFB for all my flights (which uses SimConnect), and I have done a number of long haul flights recently with AIG traffic working fine at all times from MSFS launch to landing. Whereas now at certain airports it takes several TC restart to get AI traffic. Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of TC and it automatically updated on the initial start. However I still had to restart it twice to get my traffic at LEMD. When at CYYZ, I could never get any traffic at all.

This seems to be a new TC problem because before, I did have several interruptions during flights, but initially TC would always provide traffic upon first start.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Be sure to run AIGTC as Admin to help reduce issues.

As for the RealTime traffic, it's only real time in that it is getting the schedule data from Flightaware. It's not like it's using real time radar or ADS-b data to display the traffic in the sim. Traffic is still being controlled by the default AI engine, hence it still sucks.

If you are seeing Alaska Airlines or whatever in Sydney, and your Ground Traffic is set to ZER0, it's likely that it is an airline code that your AI collection doesn't match so it just substitutes in from what is has.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks for the replies; each is helpful in some way. 
mill keep fiddling and trying different options...