Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

Hearing external sounds internally

Hi folks,

I’m not using SU10 until it is officially released but for some reason I am now hearing whooshing jet noises typically heard outside the aircraft but inside the cockpit. I have not noticed this in the sim before. What could be causing this and why is there always, always, some sort of problem in this hobby?

I’ve tried turning down various volume setting sand using headphone option, neither of which have worked.

Thanks folks

Where does that happen? On the ground at airports or during flight? Could it be those are other traffic planes, being live traffic or multiplayer?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I only know of one setting, that's General Options ->Sound ->Other Aircraft.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

This was a problem before SU9 but was fixed with that update. Many called it the vacuum cleaner bug as it sort of sounded like a vacuum cleaner running in your plane. It happened on the ground and in flight. Is this what you're experiencing?

James

I envy your situation. I would love to hear the sound of other aircraft's turbines louder from my cockpit. I have the maximum in the settings and still almost nothing is heard.

• Like 1