Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

PMDG latest update

I hate to ask...But has anyone dared to try PMDG update 3.0.25?

After 3.0.24...Messed with us I am loathe to try the next one?

release notes seem to witter on about XBox controls compatability and Speed Intervene anunciation being reversed to what they think it should be? In spite of the fact that when you do a speed intervene the anunciation should be MCP speed and not FMC speed since you have overridden FMC speed with MCP?  Is it me or are they fiddleing about with things that dont need fixing?

Every time they fiddle about, something breaks on our MCE.

This requires more testing, reporting and work for our programmer.

I miss the days of FSX. We had a stable platform. Tell me what was wrong with the PMDG 737 FSX version? Did it need fiddling about with after launch?

😞

Edited by charlie130
clarity

Speed intervention should indeed remain FMC Speed on the FMA.  Speed intervention is only used when in VNAV, in which case the FMC is stil commanding speed; you're just "intervening" through the MCP window. It's different than using the same window to command a speed in other vertical modes like level change or VS.

I'm glad they finally fixed it; it's been annoying for a long time. 

I'm going to try the latest and greatest of both PMDG and MCE in about an hour; will report back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

Good results tonight. 

I did two full flights, gate to gate, all checklists from the before start to the secure. 

I did have MCE do the incomplete load the first time; closed MCE, reloaded flight, reloaded MCE and got the armrest toggle.  It worked without a reload on the second flight. 

I manually set my V speeds for takeoff, and received all appropriate takeoff calls.  He did all his checklists, and even caught incorrect responses when I tried to trick him. He ran the MCP perfectly (though I did two RNP approaches and therefore never tried to have him arm approach mode).  I even did a missed in Sitka to test him on that and it went great. 

Only minor bug I saw: on two approaches out of three, after he correctly extended the gear (when told to), the gear came down normally but after a minute he told me we had a "problem; gear."  I didn't see a problem, and he happily accepted my response of "down, three green" to his "gear" challenge on the landing check. 

But overall I'm very happy I upgraded. PMDG's new handling of tiller + pedal steering is very worthwhile. 

Question for @FS++: what are the benefits to manually setting the landing data in the Monitor tab?  For takeoff of course he uses the info you set for his callouts, but what does he do with the landing info like flap setting or approach speed?  Thanks! 

Andrew Crowley

22 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Only minor bug I saw: on two approaches out of three, after he correctly extended the gear (when told to), the gear came down normally but after a minute he told me we had a "problem; gear."  I didn't see a problem, and he happily accepted my response of "down, three green" to his "gear" challenge on the landing

😀😄

This is why you will need this latest patch, only to be applied to already installed V2.9.7.2

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Latest-Beta-Patch.zip

When he extends or retracts the gear, he's supposed to monitor the state of the Left, Right and nose gear for a set time (based on what extension or retraction time is supposed to be for the plane), and if at the end of it, they don't match what he expects, he would complain.

It was an oversight and it's something he can read with any plane and without the need for PMDG SDK at all for this specific item.

Because PMDG 737 handling is a separate code path in "Simco64_Ldr.exe" the check needed to be added to it.

Good to see that if my colleague missed it (he only noticed it recently), you reported it.

Regarding landing data...

You can ignore what's showing in Monitor tab as Fo won't scold you for not sticking to Vref or whatever speed you adopt (based on wind gust and such)

He'll only complain if he sees stalling conditions.

• Like 1

Confirming, latest patch fixes the gear issue. Had another gate - to - gate flight with all checklists and zero problems.  Did a lot of handflying to load MCE up with MCP changes and everything looked perfect. 

Here's hoping it's now immune from future PMDG changes haha. 

Andrew Crowley

57 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Confirming, latest patch fixes the gear issue. Had another gate - to - gate flight with all checklists and zero problems.  Did a lot of handflying to load MCE up with MCP changes and everything looked perfect. 

Here's hoping it's now immune from future PMDG changes haha. 

Thanks for feedback.

I bet you didn't even know a feature that was there for years...

Say you ask FO "set altitude 5000" and assume for some reason speech engine picked up "set altitude 25000".

No need to wait until Fo has dialled the wrong one then make another request. You can get him to correct on the fly with

"correction 5000"

"my mistake 5000"

"apologies 5000"

Same for heading and speed. "Set heading three fifty", "correction one five zero" (he knows whether you are referring to HDG, ALT or SPD, based on previous request 

Only applies as long as dialling is in progress. When he's done, you would need a new command.

• Like 1

So glad everyone is happy!

Wait till the next update and watch the sim fun!

Happy days!

HAHA 😉

• Like 1

Next update is likely to bring the updated LNAV path tracking, which has been needed since FSX days...so I say bring it on! 

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

Hello guys,

I also want to get my co-pilot back to 737, but I can't download the patch.

Download does not start when I press the link and it says that it contains insecure content.

I know it's safe, cause you all downloaded it. I've tried to disable antivirus and gave site permissions, but still nothing.

Is there a trick for that or what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Viktor.

Viktor had the same problem, copy the patch address and paste it to a new browser window did the trick for me.

Bruno 

• Like 1

Bruno 

1 hour ago, Abcdeflijus said:

Sadly it didn't work for me 😞

Try a different browser or request direct link from support

Edited by FS++