Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

PC12 fully loaded

On 7/17/2022 at 10:56 AM, Rogen said:

PBR exterior mode

This mod didn't work for me with 5.3. The aircraft is very small in the preview field, and the sim crashes to desktop when starting the scenario. Can anyone please confirm this...?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

This mod didn't work for me with 5.3. The aircraft is very small in the preview field, and the sim crashes to desktop when starting the scenario. Can anyone please confirm this...?

Yeah I can confirm it, well the very small display in the preview field part at least, it doesn't crash to the desktop in 5.3 for myself.

The model is a bit broken and is one of the things I've fixed, could be why it doesn't crash to the desktop for myself.

Most of the items offered on the site are flawed in one way or another but suffice to say I liked this one so much I spent the time to find and resolve the issue.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Hey Peeps,

I packaged it all up and wrote up a bit of a readme.

If you've the Caranado PC12 in P3D v4.5 / 5.3, a GTN750 and Active Sky then this stack of mods package is for you 🙂

PM me for a link.

Note the archive is 730 MB zipped and 2.81 GB extracted.

And you'll need 7-Zip is to extract.
https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Cheers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Rogen
spelling

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

44 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Hey Peeps,

I packaged it all up and wrote up a bit of a readme.

If you've the Caranado PC12 in P3D v4.5 / 5.3, a GTN750 and Active Sky then this stack of mods package is for you 🙂

PM me for a link.

Thank you!

I haven't test fly it yet, however just watched the youtube video, I spotted some bugs I have reported for Bert's mod earlier seems still there:

Hope these could help!

I did some test flight and Here are some more feedbacks (sorry for writing negative things, the mod is great but I want report some bugs here to get addressed 😛)

1.The Glide slope capture seems not much change from before... very laggy and many times goes to white GS arm mode.

2. Y/D won't stay on when AP was disengaged with AP button on the panel rather than the yoke button, as:

3. I might be wrong on this, but it seems TAXI and LANDING lights will cancel itself, including the buttons "ON" light in cockpit, upon landing gears up, not sure if it's the real aircraft behavior, strangely, the Caranado PC12 have RECPGNITION LIGHTS on it's Flaps fairing, but it's controlled by LANDING light button, rather than it's own RECOG light button (it's absent and leaved a empty place in the cockpit)

4.The Gyro drifts, which should not have been when AHRS in SLAVE mode, the simple fix I use is change direction_indicator.0=1,0 in aircraft.cfg to =3.0, it will make it not drift even if AHRS switch in DG mode, but for normal operation you should not touch that.

5.EPS still broken, when EPS is armed, the EPS ON light always show, even when normal electronic were on.

6. There is a "PC12 External Power V2 - using overhead switch" by Alexander Grueb in the AVSIM lib, if it could be added

7.Personally, I'm not a fan of bacon light beeping in the cockpit, as it should be blocked by the fuselage, any way to stop it?

Hi @C2615

The compilation is a collection of what I could find for the PC12 along with mostly syntax fixes to xml where I found errors.

The idea being to put it all together rather than having to hunt around and miss items, which has happened anyway because I certainly didn't find everything as per your emails.

As to specific things, they're going to work as well as Carenado origionally built them - minus of course the changes made by other authors.

But let's go through the list and see what we can find that's fixable.

1), Nothing I can do there.

2), I'll have a look at the YD and see it it's something I can change.

3), Yes the lights will go out as I've placed an xml gauge to turn them off when the gear comes up. It's in [Vcockpit01], just comment out the line if you don't want it.

4), Nothing I can do there. re: Gyro drifting.

5), Nothing I can do there. re: EPS still broken. (What is it meant to do exactly ?)

6), Yeah I see it, it's an easy thing to add.

7), You can change / comment out lights in aircraft.cfg. I've just overlayed for dynamic lighting.

As to the other 2 x items, I'll have a look.

Cheers

And here's a snip for you to trial out in the GAUGEPC12EADI\Gauge_EFIS50_EADIVCV6.xml

Spoiler

<Comment>
TBM 20/11/2022
Rate of Turn Pointer on EADI (for Bert's mod)
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/575379-rate-of-turn-pointer-on-eadi-for-berts-mod/
</Comment>
            <Element id="Slip Indicator">
                <FloatPosition>255.000,370.000</FloatPosition>
                <Image id="pfd_slip_indicator.bmp" Name="pfd_slip_indicator.bmp">
                    <Transparent>True</Transparent>
                    <Axis>12.500,0</Axis>
                    <Bright>True</Bright>
                </Image>
                <Shift id="Shift">
                    <Scale>60.500,0.000</Scale>
                    <Expression id="Expression">
                        <Minimum>-1.000</Minimum>
                        <Maximum>1.000</Maximum>
                        <Script>(A:PLANE ALT ABOVE GROUND,feet) 10 &gt; if{ (A:TURN INDICATOR RATE, radians per second) 6.75 * }</Script>
                        <!--<Script>(A:Turn coordinator ball,position)</Script>-->
                    </Expression>
                    <Delay PixelsPerSecond="10" />
                </Shift>
            </Element>

39 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Hi @C2615

The compilation is a collection of what I could find for the PC12 along with mostly syntax fixes to xml where I found errors.

The idea being to put it all together rather than having to hunt around and miss items, which has happened anyway because I certainly didn't find everything as per your emails.

As to specific things, they're going to work as well as Carenado origionally built them - minus of course the changes made by other authors.

But let's go through the list and see what we can find that's fixable.

1), Nothing I can do there.

2), I'll have a look at the YD and see it it's something I can change.

3), Yes the lights will go out as I've placed an xml gauge to turn them off when the gear comes up. It's in [Vcockpit01], just comment out the line if you don't want it.

4), Nothing I can do there. re: Gyro drifting.

5), Nothing I can do there. re: EPS still broken. (What is it meant to do exactly ?)

6), Yeah I see it, it's an easy thing to add.

7), You can change / comment out lights in aircraft.cfg. I've just overlayed for dynamic lighting.

As to the other 2 x items, I'll have a look.

Cheers

And here's a snip for you to trial out in the GAUGEPC12EADI\Gauge_EFIS50_EADIVCV6.xml

Hide contents

<Comment>
TBM 20/11/2022
Rate of Turn Pointer on EADI (for Bert's mod)
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/575379-rate-of-turn-pointer-on-eadi-for-berts-mod/
</Comment>
            <Element id="Slip Indicator">
                <FloatPosition>255.000,370.000</FloatPosition>
                <Image id="pfd_slip_indicator.bmp" Name="pfd_slip_indicator.bmp">
                    <Transparent>True</Transparent>
                    <Axis>12.500,0</Axis>
                    <Bright>True</Bright>
                </Image>
                <Shift id="Shift">
                    <Scale>60.500,0.000</Scale>
                    <Expression id="Expression">
                        <Minimum>-1.000</Minimum>
                        <Maximum>1.000</Maximum>
                        <Script>(A:PLANE ALT ABOVE GROUND,feet) 10 &gt; if{ (A:TURN INDICATOR RATE, radians per second) 6.75 * }</Script>
                        <!--<Script>(A:Turn coordinator ball,position)</Script>-->
                    </Expression>
                    <Delay PixelsPerSecond="10" />
                </Shift>
            </Element>

This code seems working better than mine, thanks

as for (2), I have disabled "CustomPC12!ASandYD" instead assign both AP and Y/D off (and F/D off as the manual says it also clean all mode selection) via fsuipc to my joystick button, that works for me, but not sure if it would work for others.

(3) I ended up disable it and also change the fx light to "fx_c130_landing", it will have the light splash, but no light "bulb" in it's origin, so when landing gears are up, you won't see a  bulb hanging under the aircraft, however the PBR reflection makes it easier to spot there is still a light hanging around.

(4) I believe simply edit the aircraft.cfg is good enough as this aircraft is not meant for failure simulation, so just keep it in slave mode.

(5) the ESP is emergency power supply, it should only came on (ESP ON light) when you lose all other elec power in air, and the switch in ARM position, right now the ESP ON light will always shown as soon as you put the switch in ARM position.

(7)I ended up disable the fx, as landing light "bulb", the model it self have a bulb there for bacon, so doesn't looks bad, but I think it could be perfect if it have splash on the external view but not in VC...maybe I'm asking too much for P3D then....

BTW I think there is a xml floating around somewhere (I didn't got one) to fix the audio control panel, that makes listening COM1 and COM2 simultaneity possible, right now it's only possible via GTN750's audio control panel, but I'd rather free that space for other information display and use the ACP on glareshield.

Hey Folks,

Working on a v1.1 update.

Almost finished and will have the below.

Should be finished later tonight.

Cheers

Spoiler

=============================================================================
Changes: in v1.1

The updates are a copy over top type and will overwrite any customisations you've performed to the panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg.
So be sure to make a backup as a first step !!!

===============================================
Implemented Alexander Grueb's "External Power".
https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Alexander+Grueb&CatID=root

This neat little gauge enables the External Power switch on the overhead panel using Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_battery_charger_x64.dll to supply the external power.
You can see it in action if you drain the battery down to 17 volts and then enable "External Power".
Note the PC12 with min power draw will be more than this gauge can supply, however if you turn off all power the battery will charge up quite quickly.

Set EADI turn indicator from Slip to Turn Rate

The original EADI rate of turn indicater was just a duplicated function of the slip indicator below the EADI.
    New custom code turns it into "Rate of Turn" indicator.
    NOTE: the rate of turn indication functions only when off the ground.
Affected Gauge: GAUGEPC12EADI/Gauge_EFIS50_EADIVCV6.xml & Gauge_EFIS50_EADIV6.xml
Thanks to C2615 @ AVSIM for the suggestion.

AutoPilot Warning Lighting
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/575396-caws-ap-diseng-should-only-last-30s-fix-for-berts-mod/

Added custom code to perform the following.
    When the auto pilot is turned off the CAWS "A/P DISENG" will illuminate after ~3 seconds.
    And the yellow "CAUTION PUSH TO RESET" light will also illuminate.
    Both the CAWS "A/P DISENG"  and yellow "CAUTION PUSH TO RESET" lights will turn off after ~30 seconds.
Affected Gauge: GAUGEPC12/Gauge_Anum_MASTER_CAUTIONV4.xml & Gauge_Anum_DOWN_PC12V4.xml
Thanks to C2615 @ AVSIM for the suggestion.

PAS OXY CAWS Light
While reviewing the code for AutoPilot warnings I noticed the PAS OXY CAWS Light did not illuminate.
Traced the issue to an incorrect variable name and value, now resolved.
Affected Gauge: GAUGEPC12/Gauge_Anum_DOWN_PC12V4.xml

And while testing the above I noticed the Red "WARNING PUSH TO RESET" light never illuminated when cabin pressure exceeded the limits.
Traced the issue to an incorrect variable name, now resolved.
Affected Gauge: GAUGEPC12/Gauge_Anum_MASTER_WARNING.xml

aircraft.cfg changes
[turboprop_engine]
maximum_torque          = 5025                  // set to 5025 for realistic engine anti ice ON torque  (standard 4400)

[LIGHTS]
Changes to Landing and Taxi light positioning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok v1.1 full archive and update only archive are available for download.

Cheers

spacer.png

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 2