There's another major advantage to VR.  Let's with a monitor, I slew the view around to the right wing.  Now adjusting the roll will change the pitch in my view, and vice versa.  I have to imagine that the aircraft is pointing to my left, but then my joystick/yoke is still pointing forward.  I'm sure you can get used to this, but it's not realistic.  In VR, I turn my head to the right, but I'm still facing forward in the direction of the aircraft and control is intuitive.  I don't think I could bring a helicopter to a hover any other way.

For me, the HP G2 has less eye strain and is more comfortable to wear by default, but the two weigh almost the same. As far as clarity goes, neither are perfect, the G2 is slightly clearer in some situations, but in the cockpit itself the difference is minor. The Quest will most likely die eventually because it relies on a battery that you cannot swap out (you can add an external one, but if the main one won't hold a charge...).

For others considering these two (HP G2 vs Quest2), you may have to try both to see which one you like more. The Quest 2 might work better for some where the head shape fits better. The problem with the Quest 2 is that it partially depends if your eyes match up well, because there aren't near as many adjustments.

I am trying a third-party strap design for the Quest 2 later today to see if a slight change in positioning can reduce eye strain and make it more comfortable to wear.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram