Sign in to follow this  
Wardie

XP12 and 430/530

I would like to purchase the 530 but wonder whether this will be compatible with XP12 whose release is imminent. I'd hate to purchase it only to have to make another purchase in a few weeks time! Does anyone have the answer or should I just wait and see?

No, unfortunately not. I've decided just to wait and see, I'm sure there must be quite a few of us in this position.......

XP12 is released! I am curious if anyone has tried using their GNS430/530 with XP12 already and whether it works!

2 hours ago, pkaser said:

I have and it does not work

Agreed. I attempted to reinstall RXP XP G530/G430 into 12 but the installer required X-Plane 11. I even renamed the X-Plane 12 folder to X-Plane 11 in a feeble attempt to fool the installer but alas, another failure. 

7 hours ago, Les Parson said:

Agreed. I attempted to reinstall RXP XP G530/G430 into 12 but the installer required X-Plane 11. I even renamed the X-Plane 12 folder to X-Plane 11 in a feeble attempt to fool the installer but alas, another failure. 

You can fool the GTN installer by temporarily replacing the XP12 x-plane.exe with the XP11 version and I'd be slightly surprised if you couldn't do the same with the GNS installer, but even then it was no help with the GTN as the plug-in itself was checking the version number when starting and failing when it didn't recognise it.

Reality XP and Xplane 12 - RXP GTN 750/650 Touch - The AVSIM Community

I've linked to a post by RuiMC, I tried what they suggested with an old version of the GNS installers and it actually works in X-Plane 12. I've only tested as pop up windows, I've yet to try any cockpit integrations with C-172 etc, but it should all work.

You need to have an archived version of the installers prior to the change that checks for XP12, this is only a temp solution until we hear back from @RXP. I cannot provide my old copies of the installers to anyone, so please don't ask. 

I heard from reality xp! He is alive and well and has a version that is forthcoming but he is just waiting for the beta to get a little closer to release and is also waiting for the new X-Plane API documentation

• Like 1

It doesn't seem to work with the 3D cockpit-integration using an old installer. The plugin itself works and the buttons from the 3D-cockpit interact with the popout window, but I think we'll have to wait for a statement from the developer on intentions.