Sign in to follow this  
Kaboki

Cervice ceiling c310

I read that the cessna 310r have a cervice ceiling of 20000 feet, but i struggle to climb after passing 10000 feet in the milviz c310. Im fully loaded, could that be the reason? I really had a hard time follow atc instructions too go 18000 feet...

Fully loaded certainly contributes to the problem of climbing higher. In addition, even the fantastic Milviz 310 is limited by how accurate the MSFS flight model parameters work. If I recall correctly, the flight model for piston engines is very good up to about 8000', but it becomes increasingly inaccurate at higher altitudes. Tweaking the numbers to make the model perform better at higher altitudes would make it worse at lower altitudes. The Milviz 310 is optimized for altitudes below 10000'. That makes a lot of sense since the airplane is not pressurized: you would need to use oxygen for prolonged operations above 10000', and if I recall correctly, that is not implemented in the 310. 

Peter

Thanks for the insight, next time I will ignore ATC and stay below 10000 feet.

28 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

I read that the cessna 310r have a cervice ceiling of 20000 feet, but i struggle to climb after passing 10000 feet in the milviz c310. Im fully loaded, could that be the reason? I really had a hard time follow atc instructions too go 18000 feet...

The Milviz C310r has normally aspirated engines, so above 10.000 feet or so, engine performance starts to drop off fast. In reality these aircraft are not meant to be flown at higher altitudes for longer periods. In my experience, above 14.000 feet the climb performance starts to get noticably low and you have to watch your climb rate, but in reality you would already need oxygen masks or a least a cannula for yourself and your passengers at these altitudes.

Just now, Kaboki said:

Thanks for the insight, next time I will ignore ATC and stay below 10000 feet.

Yep, ATC really doesn't understand the limitations of the aircraft you are flying and unfortunately there is no option to reply with "unable". Hopefully Asobo will be able to overhaul ATC at some time in the future.

• Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Kaboki said:

Are you managing your mixtures as you climb?

Juan Ramos

1 hour ago, Kaboki said:

The normally aspirated C310 should really be cruising around 6000-10000 ft.  Especially near max gross, you likely wouldn't get much past 12k in the real one.

I would suggest the Flysimware C414 if you want to cruise in the lower FL's.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

57 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

The normally aspirated C310 should really be cruising around 6000-10000 ft.  Especially near max gross, you likely wouldn't get much past 12k in the real one.

I would suggest the Flysimware C414 if you want to cruise in the lower FL's.

Not so much about wanting to cruise at lower FL's, I had set 8000 feet on the flightplan, but the word not allowed atc was telling me to go 18000 feet. And as obidient I am I tried to follow orders:p.

The c310 suit me perfectly fine, best addon I ever bought for MSFS, makes me miss A2A much less:)

1 hour ago, xender said:

Are you managing your mixtures as you climb?

Yes