Sign in to follow this  
flightjunkiechicago

Non-desired airlines parked at gates even with learned file

It is currently in the 1400 hour, and I was spotting at KORD and saw some E175 opf AAL and E170 opf DAL at gates C3 and C5 respectively, even though my now-very well populated parked_updates file for KORD doesn't have AAL or DAL at the C concourse (which is only UAL!).

Any ideas why this could be happening?

<parkpos id="C3" latitude="41.976357" longitude="-87.910240" heading="339.0" radius="15.0" cargo="false" ramp="false">
        <aircraft>
            <option airline="JZA" type="CRJ9" opf="ACA" real="true" hours="0,1" />
            <option airline="RPA" type="E170" opf="UAL" real="true" day="1" hours="21,22,23" />
            <option airline="RPA" type="E170" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="18,19,20,21,22,23" />
            <option airline="RPA" type="E75L" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="14,15,18,19,20,21,22,23" />
            <option airline="SKW" type="CRJ2" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="13,14,17,18,19,20,21,22" />
            <option airline="SKW" type="CRJ7" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="0,1,18,19" />
            <option airline="SKW" type="E75L" opf="UAL" real="true" day="2" hours="13,14,15" />
            <option airline="SKW" type="E75L" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="0,1,2,3,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23" />
        </aircraft>

<parkpos id="C5" latitude="41.976578" longitude="-87.910049" heading="309.1" radius="15.0" cargo="false" ramp="false">
        <aircraft>
            <option airline="AWI" type="CRJ2" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="18,19,20" />
            <option airline="RPA" type="E170" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="0,1,2,13,14,17,18,19,20,21,22,23" />
            <option airline="RPA" type="E75L" opf="UAL" real="true" day="3" hours="13,14" />
            <option airline="RPA" type="E75L" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="0" />
            <option airline="SKW" type="CRJ2" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23" />
            <option airline="SKW" type="CRJ7" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="13,14" />
            <option airline="SKW" type="E75L" opf="UAL" real="true" hours="0,1,2,3,17,18,19,20" />
        </aircraft>

SKW flys for United, American and Delta.   Depends on the Aircraft if it is labeled correctly?   Just trying to help

I've also noticed similar issues lately on the latest build of PSXT when it comes to selecting regional airlines. I've had some SKW airlines show up as the improper airline, despite the learned airport file classify the "opf" as a specific airline, but historically in older builds, I was able to separate the SKW airlines at their correctly parked locations.

Here's an example of the same issue at BOI. SKW flies for ASA and UAL, but it's populating a UAL livery at a spot intended for an SKW opf ASA. Logs below:
KBOI.xml

<parkpos id="C7" latitude="43.568447" longitude="-116.223778" heading="99.6" radius="15.0" cargo="false" ramp="false">
        <aircraft>
            <option airline="QXE" type="E75L" real="true" hours="1,2" />
            <option airline="SKW" type="E75L" opf="ASA" real="true" hours="1,2,15,16" />
        </aircraft>
    </parkpos>

Log.txt

25 parking positions to be filled = 26% (vs wanted 35%)
[...Truncated...]
C7      : SKW20_    SKW E75L =3= AIGAIM_United Express Embraer EMB-175 New WL - opb Skywest Airlines

Is there a regression with how PSXT is handling regional carriers in recent builds (Manual §6.3)? 

The last known version where I know opf livery matching was working was 31.12.1, but I've away for about a month since then. After updating to the latest build, I noticed seeing this issue. 

Edited by AeroMaster12
Adding LKG version to my knowledge

1 hour ago, AeroMaster12 said:

The last known version where I know opf livery matching was working was 31.12.1, but I've away for about a month since then. After updating  seeing this issue. 

Hi,

No the code for matching a static livery with the opf field has not changed since the introduction...

In your particular example I see that it was a step 3 match, meaning a match based on airline and type.

It looks to me that you don't have a SKW opf ASA livery in your Sim, which would be a step 2 match (!), and therefore it found the step 3 match option instead for that gate.

Edit: If so, I maybe should change my code such that in the fall back to step 3 it should take the opf field as wanted airline instead of the airline field so you should at least see an ASA livery or nothing (if matching depth is set to 3, which i recommend).

Edited by kiek

I think I might, at least based on the AIG's installer state with unmodified files, it should have included the SKW opf ASA as part of the Alaska package. 

Might be a red herring, but I see in the AirlineTypeConversions.txt this log entry, which is the expected livery for the SKW opf ASA:
"AIGAIM_Alaska Airlines Embraer EMB-175 New WL - opb Skywest Airlines", ASA => SKW (airl was same as opf ASA)

This is the fltsim entry:

[fltsim.21]
title=AIGAIM_Alaska Airlines Embraer EMB-175 New WL - opb Skywest Airlines
model=ASAX-Alaska Airlines_opb Skywest Airlines
texture=ASAX-Alaska Airlines_opb Skywest Airlines
atc_id=N192SY
atc_airline=SKYWEST
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes=ASAX
ui_manufacturer=Raven AI Labs
ui_type=Embraer EMB-175 New WL
ui_variation=Alaska SkyWest
ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby=Provided by: KAIW2 Filename: rfsl_asax_e175_jkm.zip
description=RFSL_EMB-175_NWv3(fs20)
isAirTraffic=1
isUserSelectable=0
icao_airline=ASAX

And in dbase.xml, this matches the registration as expected:

<db reg="N192SY" airl="SKW" type="E75L" cargo="false" opf="ASA" />

The static livery matching values [0,8] should match the conditions of a live aircraft, correct? That's what I think the manual says but just want to confirm. I haven't gotten any =2= matches with static aircraft in a while, so I wanted to make sure static aircraft can indeed read the opf value based on the airport's file.

If I'm looking in the wrong place and could provide additional logs, let me know and I can fetch those too.

Thanks for taking a look!

12 hours ago, AeroMaster12 said:

Thanks for taking a look!

HI,

I think you guys have found a bug that slipped in when liveries were no longer always scanned for at start up ..

Will fix it.

Thx for the heads up.

Nico

Edited by kiek

Yes! It looks much better - back to the way it was before, it just works! Thanks for identifying the RC and pushing out a quick fix!

@flightjunkiechicago, try installing the new version and loading ORD again. Set static and live matching levels to 3. You should see the proper regional airlines parked in the proper places now. I tested at ORD and see the UA Expresses at the B, C, E, F gates, DAL/Connection at the end of E pier, and AAL/Eagle at the G, H, K, and L gates. 

Nice work!  You have better "customer" support than many payware. 🙂  Keep up the great work!

I just departed from KORD following my friend in real life on his way to KSAN.
Listening to LiveATC and knowing exactly what I'm seeing in MSFS matches what's happening in real life (albeit with a 20 second delay!) is just amazing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1