Sign in to follow this  
PatC

Terrain issue Hong Kong

Dear all

Maybe you can help me out. I get a strange problem in the Hong Kong vicinity on P3Dv4.5
I noramly use WFSS VHHH and all ORBX stuff. I here deactivated VHHH to see the stock scenery but the issue remains.

I got sometimes same issues but after setting Mesh Resolution from 5m to 1m they were fixed but not in this case.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Patrick

spacer.png

Didn't they just update vhhh with the 3rd runway.... 

14ppkc-6.png

Indeed and this was my first thougth as I never noticed this issue before. However, even disabling the scenery (as in the screenshot) does not solve it so it should not be the culprit.

Kind Regards

Patrick

16 hours ago, PatC said:

Dear all

Maybe you can help me out. I get a strange problem in the Hong Kong vicinity on P3Dv4.5
I noramly use WFSS VHHH and all ORBX stuff. I here deactivated VHHH to see the stock scenery but the issue remains.

I got sometimes same issues but after setting Mesh Resolution from 5m to 1m they were fixed but not in this case.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Patrick

spacer.png

The default scenery has these distortions sometimes. LM should fix them. I told them more than once about distortions like this and I'm curious if they fix it for the next release or never. 

You can fix it adding a flatten there, which you can generate with ADE for example. 

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Ok, I will later check out on how I have to create such a flatten.

Kind Regards

Patrick

You'll want to download & install Airport Design Editor from Scruffyduck here:

https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/airport-design-editor

I happened to have ADE open while reading this thread, so here's a quick outline.

• Once up & running, use the "Add Polygon" tool.
  • Define the points of the flatten space (with SimConnect installed, you can trace your live location in the sim to get the coordinates of your points right).
  • Set the polygon as a flatten polygon.
  • Given your terrain spike is on a hill above the airport, you will probably have to fiddle with the altitude value of your flatten. ADE will populate the altitude value as the same as the airport by default.
  • Save, compile, and add the "CVX" file to an active scenery library (HKG airport for example).

https://i.imgur.com/8qzo86x.png

Windows 10 64bit | Prepar3D v4.5 HF3 | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi | i9-10900k + ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 | 12GB EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 | 64GB Corsair LPX DDR4 3600 | 2x 2TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO | 1x 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO | 3x Thermaltake PWM Fans | EVGA SuperNOVA 220 80+ Gold 850W  | InWin 303C

Thank you very much. I get stuck on how to set properties on polygon.
Anyway I now noticed that something is completely wrong. The wohle area is more or less flat. Normaly there are high hills, beside VHHH.
I never noticed this before, so in my opinion, something happened in that area but I don't know what 😞

Kind Regards

Patrick

spacer.png

On 8/10/2022 at 11:05 PM, PatC said:

Anyway I now noticed that something is completely wrong. The wohle area is more or less flat. Normaly there are high hills, beside VHHH.

I have the WFSS addon scenery but I think the hills are not covered by this. As you can see my hills are much higher than yours. Since I have added the scenery wiht add-on.xml, I can not quickly disable it to compare. 

Here is how it looks like:

Us9NAyW.jpg

Since your mountains are pretty flat, except for the spike, I think this could also be settings related or other scenery. Check your mesh resolution. I have 1 m but if your system is not strong, you could try 2 or 5 m.

Another idea I have is repairing the scenery. If you uninstall and install the P3D5 scenery again, it could be fixed after this. 

Since no one here said to have the same spike, it is highly probable, it's an error on your system. Also your flat mountains indicate this. Usually the default  scenery has pretty correct mountains. This looks to much away from the default standard.

Another possibility is some scenery causing this. Make sure, that's not some flatten from some old scenery no longer compatible. It can also be a non airport scenery.

If you repair P3D scenery, don't forget to disable your flatten try.

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Hi there

Thank you all for your suggestions. I realy could not figure out, what caused it, as it only was in the HK vicinity.
I installed now Free Mesh Global Terrain and all is correct now :).

Kind Regards

Patrick