Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

C-130's at Harrisburg International

Invaded by the French Air Force it seems. Those are FAF C160 Transalls. 

• Like 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

23 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Invaded by the French Air Force it seems. Those are FAF C160 Transalls. 

Haha you weren't supposed to notice lol!

• Like 3

I was going to say.... missing half their engines lol!

Great pics!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Awesome!, I would drop in there all the time for RADAR and VFR pattern work. We would hit KLNS for some short field work as well. If you live near there, you will see some blue and white gulfstreams dropping regularly in the pattern.I even beat up the pattern in a KC10.

Rick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G550flyer said:

Awesome!, I would drop in there all the time for RADAR and VFR pattern work. We would hit KLNS for some short field work as well. If you live near there, you will see some blue and white gulfstreams dropping regularly in the pattern.I even beat up the pattern in a KC10.

Rick

Hi Rick I'm about an hour from there. Where is the best place to watch the planes take off and land? I'd like to do that. 

10 hours ago, Todd2 said:

Hi Rick I'm about an hour from there. Where is the best place to watch the planes take off and land? I'd like to do that. 

Though the only time I have been on the ground there, I did see some areas that would be cool approaching/departing from 31. One big noticeable area is a hill on the golf course when approaching 31. I always notice it because it creates the visual illusion of being too low, especially when shooting the VOR and LOC to 31. It's called sunset golf course. The hill would be idea because planes will come overhead and you would be high enough to look down on 31. There's also the sunset park beside it. There is also the canal lock boat launch located on water st. Water st is a small road that runs along the river and it passes under the approach path. May be a good spot to pull over and access the bank for viewing. There's also the PA fish and boat Middletown Access. It's closest to the runway and would be a great spot for side shots. For 13, look up a place called Highspire Boating Association. It's off a road called railroad st. That road goes under the railroad tracks and has bank access for great side views. I would hit up those places and see which ones give you the best vantage point for each runway. I also recommend using the adsbexchange site. With that pulled up, you will be able to see the traffic flow and aircraft types. You could then decide which runway to target depending on whether you want approaching or departing views.

Rick

• Like 1