Sign in to follow this  
Denwagg

Pilot2ATC in VR Ideas please

Any Ideas how to use Pilot2atc in vr.

Regards

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

I use Pilot2atc all the time in VR

Just set is all up first with your flight plan, sids, stars, aircraft name and connect to the simulator. 

Assign a mic button to your yoke or joystick.  Your HP Reverb has a built in mic. After you hear the weather, tune your radio to clearance delivery. 

If your familiar with the terminology and flow of Pilot2atc, its quite easy. I have it setup to auto tune the radio when changing frequency. It would be something the "Pilot not flying" would do normally anyways. 

Since everything atc is audio anyways, there is no need to take off your HMD, unless there is an issue.

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

What Rick said: set up the flight in P2ATC, start the simulator, connect P2ATC to the simulator and then stay on audio. It requires familiarity with the most common phrases at the least, but that actually increases the realism for me. In addition, I do the following:

- make sure you use the same flight plan in P2ATC and in the sim. You can then use the in-game maps and GPS to follow the route more easily

- I use Navigraph charts with P2ATC. It has an in-game panel, which enables you to look at approaches etc without leaving VR. I either do the planning in Navigraph (before commencing the flight) and export it to P2ATC, or I import the (P2ATC-generated)  flight plan from the sim to Navigraph.

Peter

I use OVRToolkit and bring the Pilot2ATC desktop window into my VR cockpit with me as well as many other useful things like my Chat window.

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

Not quite as easy as being made out, depending on your OS. Windows 11 is a bit of a pig. If you run duel monitor, you need to exit VR to click on P2ATC, and on one monitor you need to maximise it. I loved P2ATC, but it is now looking like I am going to have to see it vatsim will work. It is also worth adding that virtual desktop is also an utter pig, as you can't just use VR with a non VR mic. 

Get Sky4Sim (free or paid) and read their blog post on how to configure it to read P2A output. I also keep a P2A cheat sheet in the Sky4Sim documents folder if I forget phraseology. 

Once it's all set up, you'll have all your P2A output sent to Sky4Sim in VR.