Sign in to follow this  
w6kd

Jeppesen SimCharts

Decided this morning to renew my set of SimCharts as I like to use them for authentic approaches, departures etc but only have a very old set from years and years ago on hundreds of CDs (very annoying).Couldn't order them online as am in Australia (?) so mailed their Australian office and within 20 minutes their efficient Admin Assistant had met set up accessing the charts online. $AUS60 for an annual subscription - not bad considering the volume of charts available. No hard disk footprint, either, as everything is accessed online rather than by storing some giant database on your machine.You can use the charts in-game but only if your run windowed and even then the charts refresh very slowly - best to simply print what you may need before departing and then pick and choose when you make your final approach decision. Or just run it on a separate machine (my SimConnect/Wideclient is a Lifebook laptop sitting right next to me so can just refer to it without leaving my seat).Pretty neat and very useful.Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I thought it was not annuall..instead, it was for the life of of FSX.Call them and check. I think..thats what they are givning the US users.. I thought I saw a post here a while ago to that affect.Manny

Well, the website says annual somewhere (though may be that's current rather than archived charts) but if it's for the life of FSX, all the better. I'll find out in 12 months, I guess ;-)Thanks for the heads up, Manny.Andrew

I believe: 1. The annual subscription means you can continue to access the charts online. 2. The charts will not change over the life of the subscription, they are set to match the moment FSX nav data was frozen.3. You could certainly print all the charts you need and not renew, but then you don't get the moving map display (plus it would probably take a long time and cost as much in paper as you would need for another year).I'm not positive, but I think this is how it works.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Jepp has their wires all crossed. On the order confirmation e-mail it did say annual subscription...and on the web page it said "lifetime" subscription.I e-mailed them and the reply I got back was that it's good until the next version of FS is released (good for the life of FSX as it were) and they were going to fix the web site.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile