Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Out with the old, in with the new....but with questions!

6 hours ago, RJC68 said:

If you haven't already got a GPU then it might be good to wait, bear in mind you might also need a significant PSU upgrade as well with a 40xx card

I keep hearing that there is a ton of existing 30xx stock out there which is driving the price of current cards down. I have done lots of testing with my new PC to find the sweet spot and if I lock fps to 30 I can run every setting completely maxed out and then even push the render scale to 130 to keep the load on my 3090 which will stop me from being Main Thread Limited. There is a trade off in that while the sim is very smooth and fluid panning around is not so. It bothers some and others don't seem to mind. Even at ultra settings I have been no where near maxing out the VRAM.

As I mentioned in my other post I have dialed a few settings back now and created a custom 50Hz refresh rate on my TV and locked my fps to 50 and moving the camera around is now super smooth and still gives the GPU some breathing space. 

It will be interesting to see what happens to 30xx pricing on and after 9/15 which is when Etherium changes from POS to POW.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

15 minutes ago, pgde said:

It will be interesting to see what happens to 30xx pricing on and after 9/15 which is when Etherium changes from POS to POW.

Hopefully the shift in pricing continues to be favourable, 

Consumers have been hit hard over the last 2 years and not everyone has bottomless bank accounts to allow them to buy the latest computer hardware.

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png