Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

Bad 24 hours trying to get MSFS working again

Now been several days trying to reinstall MSFS 2020 to my windows 10 pc. I have watched numerous videos, read many threads in forums and even reinstalled windows 10 (without loss of data and apps) - there are numerous suggestions and I have tried each and everyone several times (even trying to download form another country using a VPN) - nothing - absolutely nothing has or is working for me. My error is still predominately 0x00000001 and occasionally the error appears a 0x80004005.

The version I have is the store version

This is a plea to the community for any assistance, suggestions or advice they can give. 

George Westwell

On 9/6/2022 at 10:28 PM, warbirds said:

Same, tried all the fixes, no luck, even reset windows (yikes) still no luck getting this to download...I am thinking of buying the Steam version as I think it does not install through that """"" xbox app or window store where all the problems are. 

Any thing I should know about the Steam version before committing ?

and as usual that is not for everyone the case.

but i do agree it needs too much tinkering.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:42 AM, Fielder said:

You will then have a new version of MSFS and I think a new account. I'm not sure, but it might well mean you will have lost anything you bought in the marketplace.

Don't need a new account, you can still log into the same Microsoft account. But yes, you will lose your marketplace purchases. Though I'm not sure what genius over there thought that made sense and didn't bother to fix it, given it's their own store, tied up in a personal gamertag. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

15 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Don't need a new account, you can still log into the same Microsoft account. But yes, you will lose your marketplace purchases. Though I'm not sure what genius over there thought that made sense and didn't bother to fix it, given it's their own store, tied up in a personal gamertag. 

As long as there are entirely different sales channels behind that, with different entities profiting from license sales in the marketplace depending on sales channel, I think this might never be fixed.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

3 minutes ago, rka said:

As long as there are entirely different sales channels behind that, with different entities profiting from license sales in the marketplace depending on sales channel, I think this might never be fixed.

Would assume given it's their own in-game shop, they control it. If Steam was the store middle-man, wouldn't it have to go through Steam's own interface and be purchases to your Steam account? 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Would assume given it's their own in-game shop, they control it. If Steam was the store middle-man, wouldn't it have to go through Steam's own interface and be purchases to your Steam account? 

It goes through Steams own interface, you have to approve the purchase through steam and you get a rather stupid achievement for the purchase inside steam afterwards. Steam is part of the deal and at this time makes it's cut.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

7 minutes ago, rka said:

It goes through Steams own interface, you have to approve the purchase through steam and you get a rather stupid achievement for the purchase inside steam afterwards. Steam is part of the deal and at this time makes it's cut.

I don't know whether it is true or not, but I have read that from every Marketplace sale, Steam gets 30%. That probably means that Asobo/Microsoft are obliged) to keep seperate channels.
It also means that with the Steam version, the developer gets only 49% of the marketplace sale, while with the store version he gets to keep 70%, unless Microsoft forgoes its own 30% on the Steam version.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

41 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I don't know whether it is true or not, but I have read that from every Marketplace sale, Steam gets 30%. That probably means that Asobo/Microsoft are obliged) to keep seperate channels.
It also means that with the Steam version, the developer gets only 49% of the marketplace sale, while with the store version he gets to keep 70%, unless Microsoft forgoes its own 30% on the Steam version.

It also has implications on the refund process, should there be one needed. I'd try to avoid needing one 😁

1 hour ago, rka said:

Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification. Luckily I will never get anything through the in-game store. 

12 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification. Luckily I will never get anything through the in-game store. 

You're welcome. I actually appreciate the store very much and try to get everything there. Was too weak to wait for the PMDG 737 though 😅